How To Use - Sample Magic Boost with Matthew Fudge / 519

Sample Magic Boost with Matthew Fudge

View Course

Sonic Academy welcomes Toronto-based multi-instrumentalist and producer Matt Fudge to give us an overview of the brilliant new plugin that he help developed - Sample Magic’s Boost.

This slick, retro looking plugin’s aim is to get your tracks sounding as full, polished and loud as possible using a minimal amount of processing.

Used for mastering, subtle enhancements, as well as dynamic shaping, Boost’s simple controls feature multiband compression, 4-band EQ, stereo enhancement and brickwall limiting and filtering.

In this course, Matt demonstrates that by utilising these controls, to give you a fuller, wider and louder mix, and then takes it for a test drive in some real world examples.

Fabrice Oze Fabrice Oze They were a multiband compressor … a brick wall etc etc etc in this plugin . A lot of choice to fine tune your track .Thank You Sample Magic and Sonic academy( And Matthew Fudge )

Tutorial 2 @ around 4:00: sounds like AFTER has a lot of phaze issues and cancelation in mono…

Nice Video, thanks !! Will check this out :slight_smile:

explained really detailed

Hello Matthew,

The issue is that when I use boost with Studio One 5, the sound cuts in and out at random intervals. I believe this was a “feature” of their trial version… but I have a purchased version… NOT (pardon the caps) a trial version.

I tried completely uninstalling/reinstalling it from the original downloaded Sample Magic purchase… but to no avail. The problem persists.

Any assistance you might give me would be greatly appreciated.

If you don’t know the solution yourself, do you know of any user support groups where I can discuss this issue I have been having?

Thank you!

Hi there @Sky_Blue

I think you first need to troubleshoot if it’s an issue with Sample Magic’s Boost Plugin itself or Studio One 5.

Was it working in Studio One 4 ? ( if you had this version you should be able to install both S1 v4 & v5 on the same computer ), another alternative would be to try with another DAW if you have one, or use a full demo version ( FL studio offers a full demo that doesn’t expire ( you can’t save pojects ) , Ableton have a full trial of Live that will run for a certain time ).

If BOOST is working with Studio One 4 or another DAW, then it might be something with S1 V5, you should then reach Presonus. If you have the same issue with the other DAWs, then it’s likely that there’s something wrong with BOOST, it could be activation ( did you authorize with your Code ? You should have an activation code in the email you got from Sample Magic upon your purchase ) containing those information :

“Your plugin username is: xxxxxx@xxxxxcom
Your plugin activation code is: xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxx”

If you are sure to have correctly activated BOOST, then it could be something with the plugin, but if it worked before that’s kind of weird.

Now the big issue with all Sample Magic Plugins is that they all have been discontinued since their sale to Splice, so unless you have an archive of your initial download, you can’t even get back to your account or access downloads links anymore. You can still get in touch with them from their site, but I’m not aware about their policy about support for their now discontinued plugins.

Hope that could help :wink: