Improvement ideas for KICK plugin!

hey guys , i have been watching the videos for KICK plugin , and i already have ideas for improvement. br
br

1. length points should have numbers as well , because now when you move it, and when you come back later to the same point , you have to guess where you exactly had it first , br
    why are here no convenient numbers ?br
    br
  2. a waveform view would be handy in the main window that can be toggled on or off. br
    just like in the nice LFOtool plugin, so convenient to see what is actually happening. br
    they did a great job with this simple function, but where is yours ? maybe forgot ?br
    br
  3. again just like in the LFOtool plugin , your plugin would look more confident to use when there are a few thin vertical lines in the main window , that shows you really nice how your kick looks in length while using it in a song. br
    because now you have to guess approximately how long exactly is your kick in a bar?br
    br
    imagine all logic plugins would have no numbers and just let you guess a bit… br
    br
    br
    the only way to deal with these problems would be to use an LFOtool plugin in combination to show the shortcomings of the KICK plugin .br
    but i think the KICK plugin could be more complete by itself with a new update !br
    br
    good luck !br
    br
    br

never thought of that, not being able to visually see the waveform length is a bit of an over sight. Haven’t used it yet to notice the problem otherwise I’m sure I would have. Still waiting on a few answers before I buy it. Thats what you have to do when theres no demo I guess haha.

I’d like to see the ability to change the sound source from a sine wave to noise or saw. Then it would be great for designing snares, hats, or anything really!

Another great addition could be pitch tracking. I like to have a rising snare roll in my productions, but can’t use the pitch bender of my DAW to have the pitch of the drum rise. I tried using the actual pitch parameter of the synth itself, but that doesn’t work very well as I have to start it low in order to bring it back up, and that doesn’t allow me to have the initial transient of the drum any higher than a few hundred Hz.

Hey all.br
br
I’ve seen a picture over at KVR of what appears to be Kick 2. Definitely looks like a big step up from what is already a very good useful plugin. One request for it though, I can’t see any indication of a high-pass filter on the click(s). This is the big thing missing for me at the moment that is really needed, I want to be able to import kick samples into the click section and remove the bass from them, a simple 2/4-pole would work without any need for Q.br
br
Is something like this likely to feature?

Please implement an unlink button to unlink overall length from Pitch and Amp envelope.br
br
:slight_smile:

1 Like

definitely wanna see the waveform as it makes things much easier

I often use Kick to recreate kicks I’ve heard in other tracks.

I feel like as a visual aid, the ability to load in a sample of the kick you’re trying to recreate that displays in the background - behind the waveform displaying your own kick would be quite helpful in allowing me to line up the pitch and envelope to match as close as possible the original.

Thanks,
Chris

@Macker202

You can do this by dragging your Kick sample you’d like to reproduce in 1 of the Clicks slots.

Have you watched this video course yet ?

Assimilating Kicks in Kick 2 with Phil Johnston

1 Like

I havan’t! Many thanks, I shall give it a watch.

Much appreciated.

1 Like