Is there a way to manually enter precise values?

I’m aware that I can use CMD to reduce the mouse sensitivity when adjusting a parameter but is there a way I can just type in a value? I’m finding it very fiddly to get precise values into fields which can often be very important to match up events.

No, it’s not possible to manually enter values inside ANA 2, parameters are not editable. This has been already requested several times, but from what I know, it was never added to the new features list because it’s hardly implementable.

I was sort of expecting the answer “no” but something in your reply has made me think you’ve not understood what I’m suggesting… many other products offer the possibility of, say, right-clicking on a button to open a window where a value can be entered - I don’t know if I understand why you would classify this as “hardly implementable”…?

That’s what I meant by “parameters are not editable” : so double clicking or right clicking on a parameter won’t open a window where you can manually enter the values, actually right clicking is not an option since it’s already assign to other features in ANA 2.

By “hardly implementable” I was referring to the way ANA 2 is programmed and coded at the developer level. From what I’ve heard, it would really be difficult to implement this if even possible.

cmd click will allow more precise values to be entered

Correct, but user has already mentioned that he was aware of holding the CMD key to fine adjust the value :blush:

Are you saying we can enter numbers with the keyboard? If not, this is definitely needed. Even holding command and using mouse to make fine adjustments is way to fiddly and time consuming.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

No it’s not possible to manually enter values with the keyboard and as explained before in this thread, it’s unlikely that it can easily be implemented into the code at this stage. This has been requested several times already.

Hi there @LigetiFan and @billcarroll

• Latest release v2.0.99 is now available for download : My Account / My Downloads / Plugins

• This version introduces the ability to manually edit/enter values using Alt + Click :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a welcome addition. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like