Kick 2 Out Now / 633

Hey
Check your default VST folder location is correct

It installs by default to c:/vstplugins - if you are using a different folder you will need to point it to that during the installation process.

So are the Romero presets not capatible anymore?

*in the process of updating them at the minute, If you own KICK 1 you will be able to re download them for KICK2

Hi bryan_spence, thank you for your reply. It installed it in the C:/Program Files (x86)/VSTPlugins folder at first so I uninstalled it from there and installed it in the C:Program Files/VST Plugins folder. It showed up in the list within the Cubase Instruments folder after that. Thank you for your help. Kind regards, Gareth

Hello, When I’m trying to purchase Kick 2 by paypal, into the window I have no other choice to pay either by Bank account or Credit card. Something is wrong. I’m billed in CDN and I have CDN’s available into my account. I also have Pounds and USD and Euros. What is wrong here? I do not want Paypal takes money in my bank account neither paying by CC. I have all funds requested. Please advise. This is the first time it happens to me when I need to buy a downloadable product. I have not changed anything into my Paypal account recently. Thanks.

Hi Gabriel

As far as i am aware - when using Paypal, you must select at least one funding source when setting it up.
Paypal will then attempt to take money in the following order

Firstly your Paypal balance
Then any bank accounts linked
Finally it will attempt on any Credit Cards linked.

Thanks Brian. But it’s not looking like that. It seems the money will be taken from my Bank account or I have another other choice: my CC, not the balance. This is not clear at all that my CDN balance will be used. I do not want to ‘link’ my bank account at all with S.A. It is already linked into Paypal. Why is there this procedure? I have the funds into my balance, why not getting the money right there at first place?
Thanks again!

Hi Gabriel. The funding source is just for pre authorizing your account in the event that there is no PayPal balance to use.

Our payment gateway explains that It will take firstly from balance - then bank account - then credit card.

Thanks Bryan, I got it. Purchased and indeed, taken from my GBP PP balance. All fine, thanks for your time

1 Like

nice

available in Canadian currency ?

Hi again,

Unfortunately, v1.01 did not fix the freezing problem.

Just to clarify, when KICK 2 is loaded into a track in Ableton Live, 64 bit (fully updated), the computer screen freezes randomly every 30 seconds or so, for 5-10 seconds, before coming back again. Then repeats. This happens even if KICK 2 GUI isn´t visible on the screen, the plugin only has to be switched on, which may remove the possibility of a graphics problem?

Graphics card: AMD Radeon R7 Series HD 9000 Series (fully updated).

Hey

We’ve not had any other reports of this, but we do have an idea what it could be and are investigating it for you :slight_smile:

Thank you. There has to be some explantation somewhere to this very strange problem.

Hi, Just bought Kick 2. Im on Live 8.4.2 and OSX 10.6.8. I cant seem to get the AU to open up and Live doesnt detect the VST at all. Is this because my OS X version is incompatible :frowning: . Can someone help please!

if you are <10.7 then yes you will need to upgrade your OS :frowning2:

Where and how exactly do I get the Romero presets on Kick 2? Also, I have a few presets from Kick 1 that I want to use on Kick 2. I got the clicks sorted but the curve from Kick 1 to Kick 2 are not visable when I open Kick 2…

The Nicky Pack has been updated to work with Kick 2 along with some new presets in there.

I made a new version of the Kick 2 skin (a “Marshmello Edition”) :grinning:
You can download it for free here:

1 Like

I love Kick2. Well done. Great idea made into reality. However, will there be updates? It’s extremely CPU intensive on my system and I have top line Mac Pro. It crashed my system three times, locks up Logic Pro X. All on latest version, Mac OS and Logic.

Any info would be much appreciated.

DB