Kick2 not authorized when I reopen my project

Hi there

I purchased Kick2 and installed on my machine. it works great when I open a new instance of it in a session. But as soon as I save that session and reopen it, the plugin is not authorized anymore. This is 100% consistent.

Steps to reproduce :

1. Open Live
  2. Add Kick2 to a midi channel, the plugin is authorized
  3. Save project
  4. Open project
  5. Open the plugin in the saved project, the plugin is not authorized

These are my specs :
Win10 - 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Ableton Live 11 - 11.0.10

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Marteinn

Hi there @owllock

Do you have any Arturia plug-ins installed on your PC ?

If yes then check this other post ( though this was reported inside FL studio ).

If not then try a clean install :

Manual Uninstall + PC Reboot + New install with v1.1.4 downloaded from your account.

Let us know, thanks :wink:

Hey Stéphane

I do indeed have Arturia’s “PolyBrute Connect” plugin. So I went ahead and did the registry change :

Which did not work for me. So I followed the guide to manually uninstall Kick2. I then proceeded to download a new copy of v1.1.4 from my account and install from scratch.

Unfortunately the issue still persists. I can replicate it with a new file, new instance of Kick2, saving and reopening the file. :frowning:

Is there anything else I can try doing?

Thank you
Marteinn Orn

That’s really odd, shouldn’t happen :confused:

So back to basics
 Are you sure you’ve installed the correct version matching your OS & DAW bit resolution ?

I suppose you’re on a 64bit system with Windows 10 and so does Live 11, so make sure that you have only installed the x64 installer, not the other one and not both, just the x64 installer ( again, assuming you’re not on a 32bit system ).

Kick 2 comes with 2 installers, only use the version matching your environment :

Basics it is.

Yes indeed, only the 64 bit version is installed.

Last thing I could think about is the way you’ve authorized KICK 2.

If you authorized online via “connect” to your account, use your S.A account Username, not your email.

If it’s a recent purchase, make sure you’ve confirmed your email ( you would have received an email from S.A, check your spam folder as well ).

But that should be all done, otherwise you would have an error message when authorizing.

Alternatively you can try the Offline Authorization method.

Get back to the the Manual Uninstall if you’re not sure about files left on your computer.

Edit : You should see a keyfile in this location if KICK 2 has been correctly authorized.

Deleting all files in this directory deactivate the plugin and reset all settings to default, that’s an easy way to reset everything and go back to the activation screen next time your open Kick 2 in your DAW.

C;/Users/Your_Username/AppData/Roaming/Sonic Academy/Kick 2

AppData might be hidden by default, you’ll need to reveal hidden files & folders in Windows Explorer.

If none of the above works, then shoot an email to mailto:customerservice@sonicacademy.com

OMG
 I’m so so sorry. This was my fault!!!

I had an older version of the plugin in a custom folder that was getting sourced since I was evaluating it. :\ I removed it and everything is working as expected now.

I’m really sorry to take up your time, my apologies.

Thank you for all the help <3

Cheers
Marteinn Orn

Haha, OK the good new is that it’s working :smile: :kissing_closed_eyes: :sweat_smile:

No worries
 Now I can go sleeping
 :sleeping: :sunglasses:

Enjoy your KICK 2 plugin ! Check this video if you haven’t done that yet, it’s a good starting point :wink:

Cheers !

1 Like