Mixing & Mastering - Fix My Mix Episode 1 with Phil Johnston and Chris Agnelli / 844

Fix My Mix Episode 1 with Phil Johnston and Chris Agnelli

View Course

They’re back by popular demand! Sonic’s very own Chris Agnelli and Phil Johnston are reunited in the studio once again for an all-new course where they check out a track Phil spotted online and give it a whole new lease of life.

In this Fix My Mix tutorial they work on chord structure and progressions, a Deep House groove to give it a ton more energy, transitions and effects along with a detailed mix and master process filled with workflow techniques and tips.

It’s great to have them back and with these two in the studio, there’s more ideas and discussions to be had as they bounce off each other so look out for a lot more from them in the near future!

Thanks to Producer Loops for their kind permission in allowing us to use the vocal sample taken from the pack Commercial EDM Vocals Vol 1
To grab the pack just follow this link [Click here] (Producer Loops Commercial EDM Vocals Vol 1 | Producer Loops)

Enjoy!

Good to see Phil again! Nice tut guys. Americans do not use the word ‘wee’ (tut 03 4:40). But I think most Americans know what it means :slight_smile:

Great tutorial. Very entertaining more like watching a TV program than a tutorial. For example the “where’s the legato button” section was really funny.
One question.
In Tutorial 6 -Drums Chorus Mix why did you offset the phase of the oscillators in the Sine Tom Bass? (10:58)

When you Have retrig on and offset the phase of a sine the start point creates a click that you can use to get more attack.

Niiiice plugs!!!. mmmm
Thanks for the tutorial. It is really worthy