My Story about getting signed, My Track, and how Sonic Academy helped make it happen

Well said Phil.

Hey Will, you said that ‘those types if jobs are hard to get round here’. Round where? It’s a big world mate. Sounds like you’re young enough to explore it too. If you’ll be happy working in music then work in music. Don’t get stuck doing something less than your best simply because that route is what people expect you to do. Have a dream or goal and drive toward it with conviction, determination and an iron will. Yes it will be hard and yes there are likely to be stumbling blocks but there’s no growth in comfort.

Don’t settle for less than your best. We only have one life so live your best one.

[quote]GarethStep (18/01/2011)[hr]Nice tune, lots of potential. Are you open to the idea of a remix?[/quote]

Yeah, I can send you the parts if you want to remix it.

FYI, the label is having a remix contest which I should probably post up here. Really cool track too.

[quote]jonsloan (18/01/2011)[hr]Well said Phil.

Hey Will, you said that ‘those types if jobs are hard to get round here’. Round where? It’s a big world mate. Sounds like you’re young enough to explore it too. If you’ll be happy working in music then work in music. Don’t get stuck doing something less than your best simply because that route is what people expect you to do. Have a dream or goal and drive toward it with conviction, determination and an iron will. Yes it will be hard and yes there are likely to be stumbling blocks but there’s no growth in comfort.

Don’t settle for less than your best. We only have one life so live your best one.[/quote]

Yeah the biggest issue is the population where I live is very small so opportunities are limited due to region (Northeast Tennessee, USA)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I have a family with an 8 year old son, so moving is very tough.

But you are right on about the post, you gotta take chances sometimes.

Got some crazy good new today that has me on cloud 9. The track so far is being supported by…

Markus Schulz (#8 on DJmag top 100) (Cold Harbour/Armada)

Kasey Taylor (Vapour,Iboga)

Sasha Le Monnier (Source of Gravity)

Nick Varon (Silence Through Music)

Wade Bennett (Baroque, Lowbit)

Pablo Acenso (Armada, Baroque)

Miss Nine (Yo****oshi, Black Hole)

dpen (Silence Through music, Hope, Jetlag)

Daniel Mehes (Stripped Recordings, Destroy the Ego)

Dansor (Whose Haus)

Nomad in the Dark (one of Sasha’s favorite producers) (Hope, Audio Therapy, Stripped, Baroque )

I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your mom :frowning:

I liked the track–you’ve really made strides since your Fall 2009 promo! :slight_smile:

Will McGlone- Fall Promo 2009 (Old mix) by Will McGlone

I used to live in a city called Bristol (UK Though)!!!

Anyway… Just thought I’d say what a great tune especially considering the short time you’ve been at it… If I can produce anything near this quality in the next 6 months or so I’d be a very happy man… Good work and thanks for inspiration… at times I feel its almost too easy as a noob to simply hang up the coat in music production… Gotta battle on; I have so many ideas!!

Thanks man. It seems since I wrote that track Djing is looking much more brighter. :slight_smile: But yeah, I am glad I am improving in the ears of other listeners rather than the opposite :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote]junglist_matty (26/01/2011)[hr]I used to live in a city called Bristol (UK Though)!!!

Anyway… Just thought I’d say what a great tune especially considering the short time you’ve been at it… If I can produce anything near this quality in the next 6 months or so I’d be a very happy man… Good work and thanks for inspiration… at times I feel its almost too easy as a noob to simply hang up the coat in music production… Gotta battle on; I have so many ideas!![/quote]

Believe it or not that was a finished product about about 3 1/2 months of buying equipment. So hopefully that motivates you even more. The best advice I can give is eat , breath, sleep music production for a few weeks. Read books, read forums, watch videos, turn off cell phone, break up with girl friend/boy friend (J/K).

On a serious note, keep pushing yourself, try to get feedback but don’t let feedback discourage you even though it can be harsh at times, use it to be better. Sometimes the person giving the harshest feedback can be your best friend in the long run :slight_smile:

really cool story…

it makes me think about the fact that i tell people how fast and how seriously knowledge increases when signing in on SA…