My tips for stealing some inspiration

[quote]saulable (06/08/2011)[hr]This is why techno is the supreme above all other forms of dance music IMO.

There’s no need for chords, only sounds. Sounds create harmonics and ultimately weirder chords. With dubstep you’re limited. The whole genre is limited in the fact that it can never go beyond the scope of it’s own devised formula, whereas techno is interchangeable with almost everything.

The future is techno, pretty much.[/quote]

if Techno is Supreme why 70% of the people around the world .like Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Kesha ETC. heheh

dude i think that all EDM have strong points.

Lol I couldny resist…

If techno was the superior music, why am I still alive?

Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]jjdejong0 (07/08/2011)[hr]Lol I couldny resist…

If techno was the superior music, why am I still alive?

Lol :p[/quote]

Lol I couldny resist…

Well we all think your dead from the neck upwards Jan :P:w00t::hehe::D:)

[quote]alinenunez (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]saulable (06/08/2011)[hr]This is why techno is the supreme above all other forms of dance music IMO.

There’s no need for chords, only sounds. Sounds create harmonics and ultimately weirder chords. With dubstep you’re limited. The whole genre is limited in the fact that it can never go beyond the scope of it’s own devised formula, whereas techno is interchangeable with almost everything.

if Techno is Supreme why 70% of the people around the world .like Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Kesha ETC. heheh

dude i think that all EDM have strong points.[/quote]

proper techno will not become commercial like trance house or dubstep. thats why its supreme!

[quote]Mussi81 (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]saulable (06/08/2011)[hr]This is why techno is the supreme above all other forms of dance music IMO.

proper techno will not become commercial like trance house or dubstep. thats why its supreme![/quote]

I love Techno too. IMO i think that Techno have already been Commercialized. just listen the Top 40s Beatport Chart for Tech House. Umek? Deetron?

all Dance Music borrow Productions techniques from other Gene res. Techno is no longer Underground as it used it to be.

for example listen Soulwax. they are a Band that implement Techno Productions Techniques on their tracks.

maybe i am living under a rock but would be nice to be Schooled with new Techno Music .:smiley:

[quote]alinenunez (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]Mussi81 (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]saulable (06/08/2011)[hr]This is why techno is the supreme above all other forms of dance music IMO.

proper techno will not become commercial like trance house or dubstep. thats why its supreme![/quote]

I love Techno too. IMO i think that Techno have already been Commercialized. just listen the Top 40s Beatport Chart for Tech House. Umek? Deetron?

all Dance Music borrow Productions techniques from other Gene res. Techno is no longer Underground as it used it to be.

for example listen Soulwax. they are a Band that implement Techno Productions Techniques on their tracks.

maybe i am living under a rock but would be nice to be Schooled with new Techno Music .:D[/quote]

I see where your coming from - but techno producers tend to move on where many other edm artists tend to stay where they are safe

Lol techno producers tend to move on because they end up realising it was all just a phase…

[quote]slender (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]Mussi81 (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]saulable (06/08/2011)[hr]This is why techno is the supreme above all other forms of dance music IMO.

maybe i am living under a rock but would be nice to be Schooled with new Techno Music .:D[/quote]

I see where your coming from - but techno producers tend to move on where many other edm artists tend to stay where they are safe[/quote]

True !!

[quote]JamieinNC (26/07/2011)[hr]Tip #1: Play a chord. Move one note to an adjacent note, keeping the other two the same.

Tip #2: Play the chord from Tip #1. Move two notes, keeping one the same.

Tip #3: Don’t always think of chords being built in thirds (This is where you can set yourself apart from most others…)

J[/quote]

sounds like someone needs to do a user generated tech tip!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

im on the fence with this to be honest. its true that most chord progressions will have been written somewhere at some point in time, but i think the idea of taking midi files of established music and pinching the chords for a starting point for a track is fundamentally non creative. i believe that the future of dance music lies in the art of creating something unique, that hasnt been rinsed time and time again. why steal a chord progression and write riffs to accompany it when you can write riffs then add chords to accompany them! it comes back to the age old discussion of using presets. when Nexus came out, there was a mass of tunes that used the presets, and if i hear one now, i instantly dismiss the song, even if the production, riffs etc are awesome!

But as i said, i was on the fence, so i should include some thoughts from the other side of the fence. if using (or stealing) another producers chords offers inspiration to get the ball rolling on a project that would otherwise be a victim of writers block, that cant be a bad thing, as long as the whole original chord structure that hasnt been incorporated into the track and that some interesting synthesis and production techniques are used to create a unique sounding track.

[quote]Mussi81 (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (07/08/2011)[hr][quote]saulable (06/08/2011)[hr]This is why techno is the supreme above all other forms of dance music IMO.

never say never dude! i seriously hope youre right, but stranger things have happened

Check these 2 pages for loads of chord midi files for Ableton specifically but can be used in anything else.

[url=]http://subaqueousmusic.com/production-articles/free-music-tools/67-library-of-chords-in-the-circle-of-fifths[/url]

[url=]http://www.ageofthewheel.com/2010/11/circle-of-fifths-chord-resource-in.html[/url]

[quote]jjdejong0 (23/07/2011)[hr]

All you need to do, is get the midi from a song you like and whack it in ableton. Delete all the bullcrap you get in todays midi files and just keep the chord progression. From this one chord prgression you can get your bassline, your harmonic line (Strings/pads etc) and work out your melody. Its that simple and it surely beats sitting around for hours thinking your a keyboard jockey trying to whip something out.

The only thing you really need to do is work out what key its in, what scale etc its using and your flying. If your a complete moron like me this will take a while but it can be done using the circle of 5ths etc. Or even just banging random notes over the chord progression and seeing which sound nice and which dont, writing them down and cross checking.

[/quote]

Superb tip ever read …

As by increasing one chord I will get a baseline, so does by progression of two or more will I get another one???

What you wanna do is take the chord progression and remove the top 2 notes in the chord. From this you can construct your bassline and thus all the other parts of your track will fall into place.

Okay now I got you better :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for guiding!

good knowledge here. thank you.

regardless if you want to create your own chords or take existing ones as a standard for your songs, it is good to know how to do BOTH.