Please add "sample mode" for Kick!

Hi fine folks of Kick 2.

I have a request for the (hopefully upcoming) Kick 3:

“Sample Mode”!

What do i mean by this?: ok, so at the moment we have that little keyboard icon that let’s you play Kick up and down your piano keyboard and it changes pitch. So in this mode, it’s like a synth.

But what would be cool would be (in “sample mode”) to be able to say (for example) C3 is the root pitch, and when you play on another note, it’s actually just sampling the kick at C3 and pitching that sample up or down.

The reason this would be cool is that sometimes that’s actually more desirable, especially when you’re trying to get more old school sounds.

For example, back in the 90’s, Jungle or Garage producers would use a single 808 sample as a bassline, playing one sample up and down their midi keyboards. This sounds different from playing a “synth” which is synthesizing each pitch. Obviously high notes will have faster decays and lower notes, slower, but it also effects the sound.

So the way i envision it working is that Kick 3 samples the kick (on C3 in my above example) after each tweak, then spreads the sample on the other keys.

Obviously we can just sample it ourselves and chuck the sample in a sampler, but being able to tweak it live and choosing different notes as the root note would be way cooler for experimentation.

Hmmm, clear as mud, I’m sure!

Cheers!