Problem installing KICK2 v1.1.0 after using v1.05 demo

Hello, I am new to this forum so I apologize if this topic should be posted somewhere else.

I have been using KICK2 for quite some time now as demo version so today i decided to buy it since I really like the plugin. Now once i bought it and activated it etc, I got a problem. The top menu in the main interface where i previously was able to select some of the sample kicks is gone. Its not clickable anymore and neither of the buttons like “save” “settings” etc are usable. What happend? I thought that buying the plugin unlocks more features not the opposite. Did I do something wrong?
Please help.

Thanks

Update to this: I now cant even use the plugin since every time I start a new project, the 3 alternatives pop up , register, buy and run demo. I clicked register and selected the license key i got when i bought the plugin and it says the activation has failed. Is this thing a scam or what?

Hey there @vargen

• No worry, you posted in the good area BTW :slight_smile:

If your Kick 2 purchase is very recent ( like I understood reading your post ) you have to be aware that Kick 2 has been updated to v1.1.0 and that implies some changes.

• First of all registration : your older License Key file won’t work anymore with v1.1.0, the license key file is just compatible with older v1.05 version of Kick 2.

New authorization has to be done online by entering your account credentials, yo can still authorize 2 machines and also manage your authorized computers from your S.A account now.

• Next to that, be aware that projects you’ve worked on using Kick v1.0.5 might very well give you issues when reloading them with the updated version as well as not compatible presets or user presets.

So the best & recommended way to get Kick 2 v1.1.0 running fine is to uninstall Kick 2 v1.05 (demo ) from your system and do a clean install of the new v1.1.0

Try first to do that and if still running into issues, just report it back here with computer specs ( Mac ? / Win ? and O.S version and the DAW that you’re using ).

Hope that helps :wink:

Cheers !

More about Kick 2 Updates & what’s going on with it’s development in this section from the forums KICK 2 - Sonic Academy Forums

Hi, thanks for helping. I did as you said and it worked. I was just forced (for some reason) to reset the password but now it works. Thanks for support

Hey again,

OK, thanks for the update. Glad to read that it’s now working :slight_smile:

So enjoy your full version of Kick 2 and don’t hesitate to browse topics here or post again if you need any help.

Have a nice holiday & good end of year :slight_smile:

Cheers !
S.

glad you got sorted !

Just to let you know you there should not be any issues with older projects / presets :wink:

1 Like