[SOLVED] Can't select preset or curve preset in KICK 2

Hello, i’ve been using kick 2 for a long time, just updated on 1.1.4 10 december, and now i can’t select presets. Qhen i click on the band on top nothing happen, When i click on the little arrow near curve preset, nothing happen…

Tried to clear cache and reinstall, nothing works.

Could use some help thanks !

FL 20.6

Hey there @Pierrax

Working fine here on FL 20.6, might be an issue with the install, check this manual uninstall thread from the support page : https://support.sonicacademy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002724818-Manually-Uninstall-KICK-2

Once done with the uninstall-new install procedure, be sure to do the following inside FL :

• Open FL → Highlight & right click on “Plugin database” in FL Browser & select “Refresh plugin list (fast scan)” ( 1 )

• Once done you 'll have this popup window ( 2 ) then go to “OPTIONS” in the menu & select “Manage plugins
    ( 3 ) find your KICK 2 plugins versions in there, highlight & double click each individual entry and in the side window of the Plugin Manager make sure that the status id OK and the type is filled with “Synth” ( 4 ). It might already been OK if Kick 2 was previously scanned by FL & still in the cache database.

Check that everything is working afterwards, hopefully a new install should solve the problem. Let us know what’s your OS ( Win or Mac ) if you need any further help.

Hope this helps !

https://forums.sonicacademy.com:/uploads/default/original/2X/f/f5198fc99ba9973e2a29edd0955d5c9af6e3ac3b.mp4

Hello there,

I just did eveyrthing you say, beside the VST is working well, i still have the same issue…

Let me show you with a video i just did. ( sorry for quality, but sonicacademy doesn’t accept good quality videos )

Hey again @Pierrax

Assuming you’re on Windows after watching the video.

Weird that it’s still the same after a clean uninstall / re-install procedure.

Also make sure that you used the correct installer, while on Mac there’s only one .pkg file
under Windows you’ find a separate KICK 2 v1.1.4 x64.exe and KICK 2 v1.1.4.exe respectively matching the 64bit & 32bi installation. Make sure to use the installer matching your system.

Could you please check what’s in C:/ProgramData/Sonic Academy/Kick 2/Presets you should find 3 sub-folders in there DLC - Factory - User and the Factory presets should have been installed there.

What happens when from the GUI Menu you select “Open User Preset folder” ? It should take you to the same location.

If you find the factory presets to be correctly installed, are you able to manually load a preset using the “Load Preset” option from the menu ?

Any authorization issue during the new-install, what does your “Manage Devices” says into your account, does everything looks fine to you ? You can check this either from the GUI menu or your S.A account if logged in :

Just check if your authorized device(s) looks fine to you, no screenshots here since the forums are on public access for reading.

Hi and thank you for your kind answers.

Everything looks fine to me, vst is correctly licensed to me " Pierrax " everything looks fine under my IP, location and device ID ( even though i don’t know if this ID match mine correctly but still !)

Of course i can select factory, DLC or user presets using the folders, i just drag & drop them into KICK 2 vst, that’s how i work around this trouble since 3 days.

This is crazy because my previous version was working KINDA ok, i could open the bank using the menu but still the " FACTORY, DLC, USER " presets weren’t showing up, i used to click in blank space where i knew where they were to select them.

I really don’t understand why this is happening to me, last year was OK, 6 month ago i had this previous problem and now 6 month later after i updated (because i was thinking it might solve the previous problem) i’m starting to have more and more difficulties to run Kick 2.

I bought kick 2 and ANA 2, yet ana 2 is working perfectly fine as every other plugins i own…

Hey

What OS Version number are you running and i’ll see if i can replicate the issue

Hey,
Windows 10 1909

Been testing this on an Up To Date Win 10 Pro 1909 & latest FL Studio 20.6 and everything is working fine here, don’t think the Win 10 Pro should make a difference for that comparing to Win 10.

So it looks that it never worked as intended, you shouldn’t had those previous issues with Kick 2.

Still believe it’s either a FL studio plugin wrapper or plugin database issue or something wrong with the Kick 2 installation, you really need to be sure that you followed the above manual uninstall thread step by step, after uninstall, clean your Windows registry with the free CCLEANER and then restart your PC before installing Kick 2 again.

A fresh download of latest Kick 2 archive from your account will also make sure that the installer files aren’t corrupted ( that can happen too ) but since the problems exist before installing the latest Kick 2 version, I would think more about a FL studio issue. If you just updated FL and Kick 2 was already behaving wrongly, then chances are that something’s wrong with the plugin database.

At some point it might be worth to try to initialize FL plugin scan or even better to try a complete clean uninstall / re-install of FL studio, with registry cleaning & reboot between uninstall & install.

I know it can look cumbersome to have to go through a clean install of FL studio, but sometimes it’s the only way to fix those issues.

Before doing the above-
Try selecting a different skin from the settings panel and also different GUI size and see if that makes any difference.

Failing that i’d recommend a clean reinstall of KICK 2 (make sure to completely uninstall it first below)

1 Like

WOW !

My kick 2 skin was " Default " and when i open the skin gallery there is only default. So i didn’t tried to select it. Therefor i opened it again and clicked on default, then everything changed. The UI was a little bit blurry and now it’s perfectly clean, and everything is working :open_mouth:

This is so weird, i never had the idea of clickin on default since it was allready on default.

Cool then problem solved ^^

Thanks guys !

Yep, good point to try that too like Bryan mentioned, you can also manually delete Kick 2.settings located under your username folder/AppData/Roaming/Sonic Academy/Kick 2/ path. The file will be re-created again with default settings. If the AppData folder is not visible under Windows you’ll need to tweak the Explorer settings to reveal hidden files doing this :

• Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
  • Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
  • Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.

Oh, cool to read that this actually worked, replies just crossing yours, LOL.

Good tips thanks to Bryan, that said if I was you I would give a try to a clean reinstall anyway, at least do it if you’re facing new issues again.

Setting this as solved for now, enjoy a full feature Kick 2 GUI, that’s gonna make things much more cool & easy I believe !

Cheers !