Sounds keep playing even after I stop

Ive been searching for an answer to this, and found someone saying to be sure to turn off Hold on the arp, but haven’t found an solution. Basically 1 of 2 things always happens. The midi will start in the wrong place (as in i restart my track and it starts playing it right away) or i will fully stop all sounds and it will keep playing. I am encountering this currently on Presets Vol 4 Saw fat bass, but its happened on others too. It’s killing my workflow having to start and restart logic to work on things. Can anyone help?

are you using the latest version 2.0.98?

yes, I update every time.

Make sure that you don’t have your keyboard space bar or any other key or Midi controller midi mapped inside ANA 2.

Select a preset that’s giving you this issue and use the Save Midi Learn Mapping from ANA 2 menu, choose a location ( i.e → desktop ) and name the file. That will generate an .XML file that you can edit to check the Midi mapping.

That would be the 1st thing to try to troubleshoot. If you think it’s not the cause, then try the manual uninstall procedure followed by a reboot and a fresh v.2.0.98 new install to ensure a clean installation and files integrity. Something could have gone wrong between updates. Just make sure to backup you user presets if you have any but the procedure is pretty easy to follow.

Report back with your MacOS and Logic versions if you’re still having issues after trying those steps.

Going to try this tonight and will report back

thank you

Ok i looked again and its something wrong with the ARP, it never stops playing. If i turn off the ARP its fine. Is there a reason this would keep going after i stopped the whole track?

• Just to clarify things & avoid any confusion over messages here :

→ Could you please confirm that you’re running latest v2.0.98 from Sonic Academy and not the Slate Digital version which is still using v2.0.94 ?

This behavior you describe is matching what happens when you have the HOLD option enabled inside the Arp Settings, check that this option is disabled ( no background highlight means "Disabled like on the pic below ).

If you’re sure HOLD is disabled, then it would be handy to have a step by step description in order to try to replicate the issue and a screenshot showing what you’re using for Arp preset & settings.

Thank you :wink:

So funny enough, when it keeps going off, HOLD is turned off, however, if i clicked hold twice it turns itself off. Im finishing this song up tonight (hopefully) but will make a video of it at some point and upload.

1 Like