Synthwave Event Remix Contest / 94

Sorry to hear this, not always easy to manage indeed :unamused:

I’m sure there will be other opportunities and better times, keep it up with making music and take care :sunglasses:

1 Like

I want to update my remix, how can i delete my entry? Under my Edit your Mix name button it sais I can delete it.

Missed the deadline for this. My dumb a** some how thought it was tonight lol. Had lots of fun doing a remix for this though. Appreciate the opportunity SA. You guys have helped my productions a lot and this was no exception. All the Submissions were awesome. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Sorry I’m seeing this too late I’m afraid, hope you found the link to delete your track on time while the submission was still opened, it’s the “delete your entry” link in the description text.

You can still delete an entry but it won’t be possible to upload a new one since the submission date is now due.

Nice spirit and positive mind here ! :ok_hand: :sunglasses:

First thing is too have fun working on your own take and remix :wink:

Too bad not to be able to submit though, I think a good habit is to keep a minus -1 day margin from the announced dead line, that saves any hassle with time zone and rushing things at the last minute.

Good Luck everyone ! :slight_smile:

Winners will be announced during the 2nd Live show taking place on week 4 ( should be 28th of June ).

You can check the all Synthwave Takeover Event program on this page :sunglasses:

Good Luck to everyone, some really great remixes around!!!
My entry is my first ever synthwave track, also my first ever mix/master so I’m grateful for taking part in this event!
See you guys around!

1 Like

Good luck and thanks for taking part in the event and submitting your entry :thumbsup:

and don’t forget to tune it on S.A YouTube channel for tomorrow Live Show and winners announcement :sunglasses:

Yes, good luck everyone! Holding special events like this one is an excellent idea… Thanks to Sonic Academy for the opportunity!

1 Like

Winners announced tonight ?!
ooo !!!
Thought it would be Thursday but that’s exciting!
Good Luck to everyone !!!

1 Like

What time is the Live stream?

Should be the same time as last week ( see below ) and you should receive a reminder email, make sure to check your emails preferences settings in your account ( you’ll need to be signed in to use this direct link ) and check your spam/promotion folder.

From last week email :

Congratulations to TimeRider81 and all the other winners!!! Very well done. I’m glad I got an honourable mention… I’ll try to do a little better next time :slight_smile: Can’t wait for the next event!

1 Like

Congrats TimeRider81!! Beautiful track! And also congrats to everyone who submitted. I think everyone who finished the track has won something! I already have Kick, Ana and the pack, but I’m more than happy that I could finish a synthwave track coming from a genre completly different!
Cheers!

2 Likes

200% true this :sunglasses:

Finishing a remix and submitting an entry is already an achievement :punch:

So congrats to the winners of course, but also to everyone taking part and submitting their entry :wink:

Keep it up everyone !! Amazing tracks again in those 24 entries :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the kind words. All the entries were amazing. Well done everyone.

2 Likes

Congratulations Timerider81! Nice track!

2 Likes

Well done to everyone that submitted a mix. And congratulations to Timerider81 - great work. Look forward to seeing the release out there. Good luck with it!

2 Likes

You guys need to be more organised next time, two diferents places to upload the remix is not normal in any remix challenge. I saw many good remixes, some house/trance style that deserved at least de 3rd place. The purpose of a remix is to create something new, otherwise is just a remake. Another thing Timecop in his interview was not able to tell what is synthwave clearly, after that was really weird the guys on the live trying to impose whats is synthwave for the remixers.

There’s only 1 place to submit a track for the remix contest, that’s the submission link on the Remix Competition page. This is always the case for all S.A Remix Competitions.

I think there’s a confusion with the “Demo Doctor” submissions during the 1st live show here, that was something extra to provide some feedback on remixes, not a different way to submit an entry for the competition.[quote=“cyberdriver87, post:41, topic:36075”]
I saw many good remixes, some house/trance style that deserved at least de 3rd place. The purpose of a remix is to create something new, otherwise is just a remake.
[/quote]

Well, my own take on this would be that during a special full month event focusing specifically around the “synhtwave” genre, remixing in a different genre or flavor is probably less expected, even if the remixes are great and creative, it might simply not be the tracks that the judges and audience will turn to at first. Makes sense to me to stick with the thematic genre in such contest.[quote=“cyberdriver87, post:41, topic:36075”]
after that was really weird the guys on the live trying to impose whats is synthwave for the remixers.
[/quote]

To me, they were just trying to point out what are the typical elements in terms of sounds, song structure and arrangement and what’s usually working for this genre, expanding on the tutorials also covering “Synthwave” foundations and what defines the genre.

All in all, I would say that a good remix is not especially something completely different or super original or over-complicated, especially when there’s a specific thematic involved, chances are people are gonna expect something in the same genre.

Anyway, well done to everyone who submitted an entry and participated into the competition, uploading a remix and sharing your vision of the track with others is already a great achievement IMHO :sunglasses:

1 Like