Tech Tips - Tech Tips Volume 58 with Dirty Secretz / 1175

I don’t mean to be strange but I’ve seen more videos on sonic academy then the average user and this one… Tech tips Volume 58 is one I keep coming back to. This is a must see series! Why? Well because he talks about skippy hats and that is what I need! The concepts on inserting them on the in between transients may be hard to do but if you do jacking house this is WHAT I NEED in my music. Also he went over MICRO BREAKS! So many producers need this basic info to make music. Labels hear a lot of music that is just repeating around and life less, and if you learn velocity on your percussion and micro breaks and hi hats, already you sound amazing! WELL DONE! THANKS for making a video series I can’t stop watching and keep my subscription for. Secretz you’re a life saver!

1 Like

great one, easy to apply to the other DAWs

1 Like

Very personable instructor. He really understands there is another person on the other side of the screen watching and learning. He’s not just showing you, he is telling you how to do things. Everything is explained clearly and there is no squirming for clues to what he is doing. The M1 looks like a great buy for the price–I think Korg has a new model but it’s still only $100 and it can do so much. Still, I did this with just Ableton and found sounds that worked great. There was so much usable information. I never realized the 127 on the right of the Randomization control was a slider that you could adjust. I think I tried to pull it down. Anyway, I’m gonna have to do more of Dirty Secret’s tutorials and what not here on Sonic.

1 Like

Nice basic course, good pacing.

1 Like