Tech Tips - Top 5 Tips For Processing Kicks / 1327

Top 5 Tips For Processing Kicks

View Course

Protoculture’s back with us to look at one of the most important elements of any dance track - The Kick.

In this video, he shares five tips on how to process our kicks so they hit hard and stand out but fit perfectly in the mix. From EQ, Envelopes, Layering and more - this is a video that every producer should watch so they can get the most out of this integral element.

Get yourself armed with the knowledge and tools to make your kick count.

Seriously - don’t miss this one!

Cool for the transient shaping, i don’t know how to work with a transient shaper in a Kick ! It’s a good idea Thank You . I download your New album ( Lost in isolation in extended version on beatport but i think you can do another album . Lol it’s a Joke , you are really a big créatif Artist it’s a very good Album . I speak on this page because i received a Sonic-Academy email how they said to " It’s not the same without you… Re-subscribe now to the world’s best online music academy .
LoL i’m her but i work on my new Plugin Tantra 2 ( i subscribe on plugin Alliance Website ) and with the Course i buy on Sonic Academy ( Psytrance 2019 and the remix with protoculture ) and with Youtube on ANA 2 . May be if you don’t kick me i Re-subscribe on the Black Friday if they were a good price .
So have a good time all the Team of Sonic Academy and PEACE .

1 Like

Solid tutorial, as always. Many thx.
Links to plugins pls?
Ableton user here, so not sure if backburn(?) is native to Cubase. Hoping it’s a vst plugin.
Again, many thx.

1 Like

Nice tutorial!

1 Like

Backbone is a Steinberg plugin, although not native to Cubsae so you can install and run it in any DAW.

1 Like

great tutorial about kick pocessing!

Hey Nate, I don’t get the option to transfer the kick sample from Sampler to Backbone. I get only Groove Agent SE and Padshop 2. Not sure if it might be due to Backbone trial license but Steinberg said “no restriction” with trial version. Any tips for this?
I am using Cubase 10.5 Pro
P.S. Thanks for that awesome tip for Neutron 3 Compressor

Nice!

When boosting the kick to make punchier should it try to be at a lower db, that obvi fits appropriately? Enjoyed it tho!

Really interesting looking forward to applying my own concepts to this plugin i have some great ideas

Pretty sure that transfer feature came in Cubase 11… at least for backbone. I’m not 100% sure though.

1 Like

Very informative

Great tutorial. Thank you so much.

1 Like