The dreaded words, System Overload

Cheers mate, will check that out

If the hard drive protections is triggering it could be the bass transferring through your desk and vibrating you computer causing it to shut down.br
br
Try butting some isolation between mac and the vibration of the desk.

[quote]phil johnston (21/09/2013)[hr]If the hard drive protections is triggering it could be the bass transferring through your desk and vibrating you computer causing it to shut down.br
br
Try butting some isolation between mac and the vibration of the desk.[/quote]br
br
Turn that off also, but that didnt help me that much atm when i had that problembr
=/

[quote]phil johnston (21/09/2013)[hr]If the hard drive protections is triggering it could be the bass transferring through your desk and vibrating you computer causing it to shut down.br
br
br
I’m on headphones most of the time, so don’t think this is having an effect. I do have Auralex MoPads under my monitors though. Will look at something for the computer too

Do you get that POP in you speakers sometimes when that happens?

[quote]JimmyHep (21/09/2013)[hr][quote]phil johnston (21/09/2013)[hr]If the hard drive protections is triggering it could be the bass transferring through your desk and vibrating you computer causing it to shut down.br
br
br
I’m on headphones most of the time, so don’t think this is having an effect. I do have Auralex MoPads under my monitors though. Will look at something for the computer too[/quote]br
br
Yeah if it’s happening when you are on headphones that’s not going to be it. 7200 rpm or SSD drive could defo help.

indeed phil, but the SSD is not as sensitive as a regular disk. The regular disk has a rotating disk etc, but the SOLID State drive. So more of a solid piece, that makes it less sensitive to vibrations. br
Doh this wasn’t the case, it definitely worth to take into consideration for future projects. Also its 100 times faster. i have a restart time of 15sec. :w00t:

[quote]lonewolf (22/09/2013)[hr]indeed phil, but the SSD is not as sensitive as a regular disk. The regular disk has a rotating disk etc, but the SOLID State drive. So more of a solid piece, that makes it less sensitive to vibrations. br
Doh this wasn’t the case, it definitely worth to take into consideration for future projects. Also its 100 times faster. i have a restart time of 15sec. :w00t:[/quote]br
br
I’m not even having problems and you make me want one :smiley:

I’ve just had a blow out on a fully spec’d macbook pro, so I’m hoping it will solve all my system overload problems and allow me to run as many instances of ANA as Phil and Chris manage in their new tutorial, at the moment 3 or 4 ANA’s causes crash central!!