Tips for getting polished sound

Gold in here lads… keep it coming.

Just in the door - will read everything later on. Appreciate everyone being so open with their shizzle… :cool:

Everyone is pretty much saying the same stuff but different ways here. Perfect :smiley:

Great to have everyone confirming the same things, but from different perspectives & having it all join up in the middle. Spot on Lads! :cool:

@UV - Yeah, I’m doing that pretty much now too… starting with the Kick & Bass, pretty soon after getting 1/2 an idea. Get those 2 right, its good to go. 100% agree man.

I’m going to treat compression rather like I treat EQ’n & see how I get on. Just get the sound popping out, then dial back some of the threshold, until I can just about hear it.

By the time you go to master, y’ll have so much headroom and everything will be mixed nice & right, it’ll be powerful & clean: Thats the fkn idea anyway :D 

Gonna tape a sticker to my Monitor & write “CONTROL YOURSELF” on it :wink:

Yeah youre right we all said preety much the same thing! i didnt read any of the prior post till now :smiley:

Great thread…

i’ll put some things into practice :slight_smile:

[quote]ICN (20/10/2011)[hr]

Gonna tape a sticker to my Monitor & write “CONTROL YOURSELF” on it ;)[/quote]

Yeah I’ve got one of those but it’s not music related! And it doesn’t fkn work :hehe:

Haha! Just pull the internet connection out, instead of the big man… and you’ll get there :smiley:

I have mentioned this before but its soooo important. Reverb and Ambience. This really is what does a lot of polishing to your track and gives it more of a professional edge. You need to make it sound that all your drums/instruments/vocals etc are all being played in 1 space.

For finding the better tips for polishing sound use high quality sound effects speakers and instruments for sounds.Getting more information go through any music forum.

WTF ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! knobhead!!

[quote]JennyCafe (01/11/2011)[hr]For finding the better tips for polishing sound use high quality sound effects speakers and instruments for sounds.Getting more information go through any music forum.[/quote]

Sounds like J4. I’m trying this!! :smiley:

Once you’ve got everything arranged and mixed, go back and turn your plugs like EQ and Reverb to high quality rather than eco. Kinda whores ye old resources a lot more but it gives it a better quality feel. Also, my sound has improved a lot since I bought a solid soundcard. A lot lower latency and less buffer underruns. (I am working on a laptop keep in mind, not these car sized desktops that I’m sure some of you have :P)

Make sure your listening environment has good acoustics. This should help a lot with the overall quality of the sound.

you can solve all your issues if you just take your almost finished track to a professional studio , where a Producer can just rearrange and fix in the mix.

you could learn a few things :wink: