Understanding - Understanding Compressors / 1235

Understanding Compressors

View Course

If you ask someone to explain audio compression you’ll often get very different answers from different people. Well, here at Sonic Academy we go right back to basics to nail this subject once and for all so you can finally fully understand it.

We look at how a compressor works, what the main controls are actually doing to your sounds and the different uses of compression before diving into some real-world examples on how to use a compressor to achieve great results in your dynamics.

If you don’t fully understand the “what’s and why’s” of compressors then we’ve got you covered so you have everything you need to help you on your music production journey.

Graham Ginty is BAAACK! great course! thank you guys! Graham Ginty, new REASON tuts, please!!! Welcome back, man!!!

Graham, I really missed you! Your courses have always been fantastic. Welcome back!

This course says the course is for Cubase, but the first video shows examples in Ableton.

great introduction by Graham to “set the tone” and then case by case by Nate - very nice graphics, Graham - hey Graham please do more here again: you are a great instructor; special kudos to Nate for mixing it up by showing a range of different easily accessible compressors, not just resorting to going back to the same trough, so to speak. This is very well designed course with a smart intro, and then the “details” as “chapters” - so easy to come back to later for a refresher/quick reference. A great style for the courses, like Vince Watson’s Detroit Techno tut - an “intro video” is a good idea! Others have done it as well, thanks guys!

My first track i do with Sonic Academy is a Deep House course with Graham Ginty and i like is feeling for the drums . I learn a lot with him , Thank you Sir Ginty .
Hello Nate ! I think the shadow hills red is a compressor / limiter ! Yes or No ?

Awesome tutorial i learned a lot

Exactly what I was looking for

cool

Extremely helpful!
All examples very well chosen and the different compressor settings are clearly audible.
I learned a lot!

This course helped me so much! thank you

1 Like

the basics you need :slight_smile:

amazing !

Excellent and informative!