Update Kick 1 to Kick 2

I want to upgrade from Kick 1 to Kick 2. However, I need to know if my Logic sessions that were already using Kick 1 will automatically migrate to Kick 2. Is this possible?
I upgraded my OS to Catalina and Kick 1 is not supported. What is the best way to proceed, since I have hundreds of projects that may eventually need to be revisited.

Hi there @bohrerm15

Unfortunately there’s no upgrade between Kick 1 & Kick 2, apart from the pricing upgrade path that’s available for Kick 1 owners, Kick 2 is a different synth & plugin, it was developed from scratch and both products are different, so your older projects using Kick 1 won’t upgrade to Kick 2.
What’s possible to do though, is to convert your Kick 1 presets using the KICK 1 Preset Convertor which is included in Kick 2 download, you need to have the Kick 1 preset that you’d like to convert installed on your system and working with Kick 1 in order to do this.

Here’s the quote from the “Readme” text file included in Kick 2 download :

Also included are MAC and PC versions of KICK 1 preset convertor.
Please note before running the converter - the KICK 1 presets being converted must be properly installed on your system and working with KICK 1.

1. Run the relevant convertor tool
  2. Select the folder containing the presets you wish to convert from the KICK 1 library.
  3. Select the destination folder for where you wish the converted presets to go

So that should help to make the transition between the 2 plugins if you have your Kick 1 presets saved.