Updating Kick 2 Issue

Hello, have an old project with the legacy Kick Nicky Romero. Don’t see the Kick 1 in my downloads section. How can I download this old plugin or update the preset to be used in Kick 2? Thank you!

Hi there @TectonicBeats

2 different things here.

• So 1st one is about access to Kick 1 NRE, the plugin should be available for download in the Sonic Academy account that holds a license for Kick 1 NRE. You can use this link ( you’ll be required to sign in ) to check if you find the plugin in this area : My Account / My Downloads / Plugins

If you can’t find iKick 1 NRE there, then it could be that your license is associated with another email and user account or another issue, please open a support ticket from this link to report this issue in this case.

• For the preset, you will have to recreate the preset inside KICK 2 since Kick 1 NRE and KICK 2 are 2 different products and not using the same presets. Alternatively there’s a Kick 1 to KICK 2 preset converter available from the KICK 2 download archive, but in order to convert a preset, it is required to have Kick 1 NRE installed and access to the Kick 1 preset you’d like to convert.

Most of the time, the simplest way is to remake the kick with KICK 2 and 90% of the time, if not more, you will find a rather close KICK 2 factory preset that requires only a few tweaks or adjustments to replace your Kick 1 NRE preset.

Should you really need to remake Kick sounds from scratch inside KICK 2, then this tutorial can help :

Assimilating Kicks in Kick 2 with Phil Johnston

PS : Please note that on MacOS, Kick 1 NRE won’t be compatible with the more recent versions of the OS, starting with 10.15 and above, so if you’re using a version of MacOS above 10.14 Mojave, you won’t be able to use the plugin.

1 Like

Great, just downloaded. Thanks for your comprehensive response!

1 Like