What a joke

i shouldnt talk, ive actually gone home with a 4 :hehe:

[quote]seanl (24/05/2010)[hr]sorry Roben I have to disagree.

I’m a DJ and a promoter and know this pretty well from both sides of the coin

i don’t understand why you getting so annoyed?

I’m sure you are fully aware that there is a gazilion of djs, how could I tell one from another? How can I tell that someone who is serious about this ****, or just trying to impress few girls?

Being a DJ myself (and most promoters are) why would I pay someone to turn up at my gig, if I can cover the night myself about 10 times over?

Now I’d never book a crap DJ, but also I’d never book someone who thinks that is to good to help me with getting people thru the door.

[/quote]

totally agree with you.

i would also like to add that when i had a few nights running i would never book a dj that turns up at the last second, plays his set and then f@8ks off again. it looks bad on the night if the dj can’t be arsed to stay at the venue hes playing.

[quote]jon_fisher (26/05/2010)[hr][quote]seanl (24/05/2010)[hr]sorry Roben I have to disagree.

I’m a DJ and a promoter and know this pretty well from both sides of the coin

i don’t understand why you getting so annoyed?

I’m sure you are fully aware that there is a gazilion of djs, how could I tell one from another? How can I tell that someone who is serious about this ****, or just trying to impress few girls?

Being a DJ myself (and most promoters are) why would I pay someone to turn up at my gig, if I can cover the night myself about 10 times over?

Now I’d never book a crap DJ, but also I’d never book someone who thinks that is to good to help me with getting people thru the door.

[/quote]

totally agree with you.

i would also like to add that when i had a few nights running i would never book a dj that turns up at the last second, plays his set and then f@8ks off again. it looks bad on the night if the dj can’t be arsed to stay at the venue hes playing.

[/quote]

there are plenty of them out there.

But would you expect them to go out and flyer and sell tickets for you?

In 5 years of promoting I never once asked a DJ to do that, I just made sure i booked the right people.

If you can guarantee a crowd comes with you why waste your time and effort promoting someone else’s product? May as well put your own night on where you’ll not be hassled by the promoter et al…

I mean if we’re talking about self promotion that’s different, I’ve got no problem with people dj’ing for free on that ground, but I don’t see why you would do the leg work to make someone else money.

I get the point everyone is saying about it being a business but essentially a DJ is a subcontractor that you hire to play music not to sell tickets.