32 bit vista

intel pentium dual cpu procesor

3gb memory

4gb hard drive

built in crappy soundcard

ableton live8

sylenth

m audio oxygen 25 keyboard

i noticed a few of you guys are running windows 7 is it any good?

i recently had the home pc fixed and had windows 7 installed and at a glance it seems a lot better than vista which i’ve never liked and the bloke who fixed it offered to put it on my laptop which is currently running 32 bit vista but i was in two minds as i’d not heard any reports on how it was with ableton yet so thought i’d wait and see before upgrading

[quote][b]i noticed a few of you guys are running windows 7 is it any good?

i recently had the home pc fixed and had windows 7 installed and at a glance it seems a lot better than vista which i’ve never liked and the bloke who fixed it offered to put it on my laptop which is currently running 32 bit vista but i was in two minds as i’d not heard any reports on how it was with ableton yet so thought i’d wait and see before upgrading

[/quote]

Windows 7 is good it has more functionality works fine with me and i use Cubase ableton and Nuendo.

|Update|

4 x KRK RP5G2 Rokit G2 5In Powered Studio Monitor

2 x 23" HD 1080 HP Monitors x 1 Dell 17"

NI Audio Kontrol 1

2.5TB HDD

2 x Nvidia 8800’s

8Gb of Ram

Intel(R) Core ™ 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz

Cubase 5, Ableton Live, Nuendo, Waves Masters Native Bundle

Yeah dont ask me how i make the money :smiley:

I have a new addition to my gear…

32gb iPad!!!

Holla!!!

[quote]chris17 (03/04/2010)[hr]advent laptop
17" screen
32 bit vista
intel pentium dual cpu procesor
3gb memory
4gb hard drive
built in crappy soundcard
ableton live8
sylenth
m audio oxygen 25 keyboard

i noticed a few of you guys are running windows 7 is it any good?
[/quote]

Apart from the sound card how dose this run dude? this laptop hasnt got a decent sound card either but its similar spec, im looking at the external M-audio ones,ive got a desktop built for music if you like but ive been umming and arrring about trying on my laptop

[quote]Subject 1 (02/04/2010)[hr][quote]roben (02/04/2010)[hr]Here’s mine:

[/quote]

Amazing i want one![/quote]

that looks very much like the ones i had back in the day in the 1st year high school :laugh:

[quote]howiegroove (03/04/2010)[hr]I have a new addition to my gear…

32gb iPad!!!

Holla!!![/quote]

Congrats you got an over sized iTouch! :smiley:

iMac 24inch
Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB/640GB/
GeForce 9400M/SD

[quote]Subject 1 (04/04/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (03/04/2010)[hr]I have a new addition to my gear…

32gb iPad!!!

Holla!!![/quote]

Congrats you got an over sized iTouch! :D[/quote]

Yeah, its not though. Its amazing! Quick as hell too. Wait till they come out with an app for Ableton for it.

[quote]Apart from the sound card how dose this run dude? this laptop hasnt got a decent sound card either but its similar spec,im looking at the external M-audio ones,ive got a desktop built for music if you like but ive been umming and arrring about trying on my laptop[/quote]

it works fine the only issue i’ve had with my system is that for some unknown reason novations bass station and v station vsts wont work with ableton apart from that theres no gripes whatever and it never crashs

[quote]Subject 1 (03/04/2010)[hr]

Windows 7 is good it has more functionality works fine with me and i use Cubase ableton and Nuendo.[/quote]

so would you guys recommend making the move from vista to windows 7 ???

on my studio pc ive got vista 64 bit, on my gf laptop shes got windows 7 64 bit.

i do not have any problems with vista i hear it pees everyone off but i dont know why, im used to it now. ive used windows 7 and i cant justify spending extra money to get it. it doesnt seem that different to me

I had Abelton live 8 working fine on windows 7 64 bit…i went back to XP though as i had the latency bar maxing out and i never alterd anything,after looking up i think it was an effect or something causing it doh!