What genre do you want 'How To Make' courses on?

I would love to see UK Garage (in the style of MJ Cole, Sunship, Jeremy Sylvester), Instrumental/Lo-fi Hip-Hop (in the style of J Dilla), and perhaps Lo-Fi House (a la DJ Boring, Ross from Friends, Mallgrab, etc.)…

Heck, I’ve done a few courses for you, and I would be happy to make any of the above courses for the site! Thanks for putting out so much great content!

1 Like

Synthwave please, on Ableton

Also, some Maschine courses…

Hi @aberdeentp definitely more hardware synths coming from King Unique - he is actually recording Micro Freak as we speak!

Hi @emptycloud we have a ‘How To Write music for picture’ course coming in the next few weeks!

lets chat!

Hi Phil,

First of all, I love what you guys have been doing at SA! Considering your from Belfast; it makes me proud to know I come from a land so rich in electronic music prowess.

It would be great to get an early Disclosure/SBTRKT style (Future Garage) tutorial for Ableton Live that delves deep into the complexities of the 3/3 style drum beats and many chords going on in their tracks. I’m yet to really find a tutorial that nails that sound! I didn’t think your tutorial with Kissy Sell Out captured that quintessential 2012 sound - IMO some of the most groundbreaking music came out around that time.

Also, I’m not sure if you ever plan to have Hip-Hop on your platform, but a Travis Scott/Kanye West industrial effect-heavy style beats tutorial really wouldn’t go amiss!

Thanks for all that you guys do!

Hi,

I just figured that a breakdown of this classic track might also be cool:

Agnelli & Nelson - Embrace

1 Like

Hi Phil.

If I may say it this time… :slight_smile:
I would like to follow a course that dives deeper into audio editing.
As example in all DAW’s it’s very complicated to stretch a accapella sample or song.
Handy tips for effects on you sample etc etc.
Also which samples are the best for editing.
Let em know if you need more information.

Regards, John.

ditto focus on particular tracks particularly drum + bass + sub-bass.
Cubase(!)
ditto also Bollywood style

I would like to watch course made by Ilan Bluestone. :grinning:

But I will be happy for any new trance courses :wink:

I’d love to see some courses on EBM/New Beat and some proper Electro (Drexciya et al)

Mixbus 32c, + Psy trance-Goa trance

1 Like

Hello All

I would love to see more various advanced house tutorials - in the styles of Dirty Bird - Toolroom - Defected - Stereo Productions / Artists such as - mhilla safras - Chris Lake - Claude Von Stroke - Mark Knight - Low Steppa - Chus and Ceballos.

Thank you :slight_smile: and have a great weekend

Hi there everyone,

There are lot’s of talented women out there in different genres, would be cool if Sonic Academy opens the doors to ladies in 2020, it’s been a men’s only teaching area until now :smile: :wink:

To name a few :

REZZ

NORA EN PURE

NINA KRAVIZ

ALISON WONDERLAND

NICOLE MOUDABER

MAYA JANE COLES

MIJA

EMIKA

TSHA

MADE IN PARIS
https://soundcloud.com/made-in-paris

ANNA

N∅LAH

Hi Chris,

I’d really like more Drum n Bass, there are only a few for this genre in your library.

I’m specifically thinking the more euphoric dancefloor DnB you hear from Metrik, Sub Focus, Dimension, Wilkinson to name a few.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Very interesting to see what everyone here likes most.
Personally, I am a big fan of melodic deep house and techno, like the stuff on the Steyoyoke and Inner Symphony imprints:

A tutorial by any of the producers there would be great, but just to name a few favourites:
Soul Button
Clawz SG
Rustboy
Nick Devon

Furthermore anything about chill, atmospheric, cinematic music would be more than welcome.

Oh … and sound design. A deep dive course that is completely focussed on bass sounds for instance.

Hi, I would really like to see A LOT more synth programming & sound design videos. That could be I) a multi-part course that really covers the ground of beginner to advanced techniques II) a multip-part course that really covers programming “bread and butter” synth sounds across sound types (bass, leads, plucks, risers, fx, etc.) III) courses based on authors sharing their favorite or most used synth programming / sound design tips.

I imagine Sonic Academy could get some great instructors to participate in this – off hand I would love to see tutorials by Howard Scarr (of U-He), Sami Rabia (Aiyn Zahev), Arksun, Manuel Schleis (Vengeance Sound), Richard Devine, or other top shelf sound designers.

Honestly, Sonic Academy has enough “how to make XXX genre” music videos for me to chew on for a while. But more sound design / synth programming videos like described above, that would be real exciting and useful.

Thanks!

1 Like

Love your work guys.

I’ve loved Enamour’s recent courses… more from producers in his vein from the Anjuna / Zero 3 / Colorize style would be absolutely fantastic, ideally using Ableton! I would also love to see styles like Grum’s sound, his stuff is so amazingly produced.

Thanks!!

1 Like

More Trance, I notice there is no “sounds like” Above and Beyond. Maybe ilan bluestone track build rather than interview. Tinlicker, Andrew Bayer, maglev.

1 Like

Some new Trance Tutorials in Logic X in the Style of Gouryella or Giuseppe Ottaviani would be nice.

1 Like