Your kick 1 Demo has expired

Hello everyone, I’m having a problem with kick 1.
Everytime I open my project, it says the message: Your kick 1 Demo has expired.
I have Kick 2 for years already so I don’t know why I still get this message since I’m under Catalina (+ last Logic Version)
I tried to uninstall Kick 1, I tried to go into logic and analyse again, and delete from there Kick 1, I don’t success, I also deleted the AudioUnitCache, and I Reboot my Mac. I still receive this annoying message.

I’m losing hope. Please anyone can help me?
Thanks a lot :pray::pray::pray:

Hi there @alexluciano

First thing first to clarify this for me :wink:

Have you got a licensed version of Kick 1 that was working before or just installed the demo at the time and can get rid of Kick 1 on your machine ?

Deleting the AudioUnitCache as well as from Logic’s Plug-ins Manager won’t really delete the plug-in itself, it’s only cleaning Logic’s database cache. When you have uninstalled Kick 1, have you manually removed the AU component plug-in as well as the VST one ?

Those should be located inside these folders on your Mac :

AU : Your_MacOS_HDD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

VST : Your_MacOS_HDD//Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

This is the Main MacOS Library, not the user one but also make sure that you don’t have any custom install or leftover in your User Library area :

Your_MacOS_HDD/Users/Your_User_Name/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins

If you find anything related to Kick 1 Plug-in in either one of these locations, delete it and reboot your Mac, you can also do an extra AudioUnitCache cleanup afterwards, be sure to follow this procedure :

1- In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
2 - Type ~/Library/Caches in the “Go to the folder” field.
3 - Press the Go button
4 - Remove the “com.apple.audiounits.cachefile.
5 - Remove the ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache folder.

There’s also a thread about manually uninstalling Kick 2 on the support page, while it’s referring to Kick 2, it might be handy to check some locations where leftover files could still reside.

I suggest to check the above, even if you think you’ve done that already ( it’s easy to miss a step ) and if it doesn’t solve your issue you can open a support ticket from the top right ( red ) link on the support page.

Hope this helps, don’t hesitate to report back here.

Cheers !

Thanks a lot for your answer!
Problem solved.

I deleted the plugins from the user library, but I didn’t know there were also the Mac HD library. I deleted the components, VST, au, from MacHD and now it works perfectly fine. Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Glad to read that you sorted this out and that it’s now working :wink:

Thank you for your feedback.

Cheers !