Fast Track Build - Trance 2.0 / 296

Thank you guys! this was amazing! nice tricks!

I have to say, the female vocal is nice but I rather preferred Philā€™s vocal. The male vocal is largely under represented. Philā€™s vocal was not bad at all and fit well in the mix, imo.

How come ANA doesnā€™t open when I load the Ableton project in the resources? I have the most up to date versionā€¦

possibly something to do with AU / VST ?

are you on mac or pc

Hey Bryan, Iā€™m on a Mac.

Have you got both your VST and AU plugins enabled on your DAW?

Holy crap dude, that actually worked! Iā€™d never considered that, and it explains why Iā€™ve had so many problems opening resource projects in Ableton that I download from the site, whereas I never had those issues in Logic Pro. I guess I still have a lot to learn man hahaha, why do Macā€™s have AU and VST? what is the difference?

Thanks a lot Bryan.

The AU is just a OSX specific format created by Apple.
Logic only supports AU - which is why you would not have had any problems with a Logic template.

Ableton Live supports both VST and AU.

and PC only supports the VST standard - not AU.

So if you are sharing projects between PC and MAC - ensure you use VST :slight_smile:

Love this tutorial

1 Like

Really nice Tutoā€¦ Fav!

nice and helpful

Seems strange to start with drums and a bass before youā€™ve even thought of the tuneā€¦guess iā€™m just more with echoworks when it comes to writing musicā€¦get the main idea down first then start to build the drums and bassā€¦itā€™s how a song writer would approach itā€¦certainly wouldnt start with the drums and a 1 note bass line

Your main drop after the vocal would sound better with a melody

Great tutorial ! Really helpful to deconstruct trance songs to help understand characteristics of the style !

Very nice tutorial. Iā€™m following along in Reason 9.5, you should make a trance tutorial just for Reason. Iā€™d like that Phil is making his way in producing the track and ignoring the other guy most of the time, so it sounds. (sorry other guy, I donā€™t know your name). Anyhoe, keep up the good work!

cool track

Outstanding tutorial guys. I really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it. The effects and reverbs on leads and plucks were epic; as were reversed reverb sweeps. Would love to see more from you two.

Really nice tutorial. I am very happy with the detailed explanation. However, I understand that technical difficulties may occur, but the video about the breakdown could have been a little bit more detailed.

love watching the track in progress!

Good video on the drums, wish the kick was explained a little more.