How To Make - 138 Trance with Bjorn Akesson / 543

138 Trance with Bjorn Akesson

View Course

Back by popular demand, Sonic Academy proudly presents an all new ‘How To Make’ course with Trance legend Bjorn Akesson.

In How To Make 138 Trance, Bjorn takes us on a spiritual eastern journey with a monster track based on his 2011 critically acclaimed hit Painting Pyramids, which went down in the history books and still remains in the minds of many as their all time favourite.

From creating the initial beat and pumping bass to writing the main theme layering synths, instruments and vocals, right through to arranging and perfecting the mix, Bjorn builds this track in a methodical, easy-to-follow way that producers of all abilities will be able to apply to any DAW and not just Cubase.

This is definitely one that shouldn’t be missed!

Yay!!!

Awesome!!

Cool 8)

Nice job Bjorn!

Loved your last one so can’t wait do this!!!

Gotta love cubase. I’m currently running pro 9.0.10 and the project is lagging a lot and I’ve had some minor glitches. Which version of Cubase was this made in?

Hi @muffly Bjorn used 9.0.2 for this project - hope it runs OK

I’m liking it so far i’ve watched your previous tutorial aswell, a Question Sample Loops tempo ? how do you the tempo of a loop or any sample ?
which usually are different tempo than your project tempo >

And why the compression is necessary for the Mid Basslines ?

is it important to do a BPM change on FX’s or not?

Congratulations, great work

great course!

but here is an improvement/ idea
for newbies it looks like “making Trance music” is a technical skill that nearly anybody can learn. I’m missing the “creative moment” where you try out ideas, search for melodies or chord progressions and so :slight_smile:
This aspect would be nice in the next course so that we listeners can get an idea of “how” to approach these topics :slight_smile:

Thanks & keep on Rocking!
Greetings from germany
Sebastian

@Nordlicht2013

Use a midi keyboard or piano and start laying out some chords till you have something that you like, then combine them in DAW? i think he covered that in his last tutorial (Uplifting Trance), the melodies is alive and will always be changing to fit your track.

Thanks,
Christopher Manning
U.S.A

I love it,I will study with Bjorn Akesson 。

I am in china.

1 Like

Pure Trance Radio #100 is out yall and heres my finished tutorial track, now to make my own Stream Sonic Academy - Bjorn Akesson 138 Trance tutorial finished by smurf123444 | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Track made, #Trance

love it

1 Like

Cool Staff