How To Make - Groovy Techno with Christian Vance / 508

Turns out I did have to install a free pack called ‘Drum Machines’ by Ableton:

Either it wasn’t included in my installation of Suite or simply everyone I asked had installed it. Every Ableton user I know has a ton of packs installed and don’t really keep track of them.

Wtv the case may be, it all works out now that it’s installed!
WIN!

3 Likes

Great tutorial!
While the tutorial I have also rebuild this track in Bitwig and learned a lot.
Your kind of making music, simple and effective is great!
I love this kind of music!
Thanks

1 Like

Cheers!!! Great to hear

Christian lays out some of the best techniques and workflows I’ve seen. This tutorial is excellent!

2 Likes

Hey Sonic - You need to get Christian on board as a full time host, both his sessions for this and the Dark Techno video are second to none with clear and concise instruction - especially the workflow tips for the project set up. I found his send and returns advice essential in lending further creativity. 10/10

1 Like

I really liked this tutorial. I like the “set it up and jam” workflow. It lets me use my my gear to noodle around in an organic way akin to playing an instrument instead of point and click.
Point and click production has its place but sometime I just want JAM!

1 Like

Love this comment, we really do need to get @cvance back for another stormin course !

1 Like

Super happy that everyone is getting something a little different out of the tutorial! Thank you for the kind words… really chuffed that there are such positives for you out of each aspect of the project. Happy music making!

Awesome … Loving ya tutorioals @cvance
Keep em coming!!

1 Like

Hi all, here’s an edit of Christian’s track I did whilst following the tutorial. Really enjoyed this and Christian’s other tutorial here on the site. His use of FX chains has made me look at things like that in a new light. Planning them during the loop building phase makes the arrangement so much easier to do. More please!

1 Like

great tutorial very well explain

1 Like

Great tutorial, really good explanations of the techniques used, good end product too!

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Wickedly helpful

1 Like

very nice tips and tricks.

1 Like

Im at T5 and enjoying this so far.

1 Like

A really well put together course geared towards performing a track rather than doing everything in the arrangement screen by hand. Enjoyed it. Lots of great little tips

1 Like

I found all the work with the effects routing very interesting. Its great to get someone else’s flavor on how you can do that.

1 Like

Pulled a lot of helpful hints from this tutorial that I’m using in my own productions. Thanks Christian for a great tutorial!

1 Like

thanks!!! great to hear.