How To Make - Kubrick with Jerome Isma-Ae / 545

haha, thank you for joining our tutorial!

1 Like

:slight_smile: It was a great pleasure making this tutorial for you guys

1 Like

Thank you for joining our tutorial!

1 Like

Thank you very much! We hope this tutorial can help to improve your own music productions.

2 Likes

There is a little bug at 1:01. The video is freezingā€¦ then it start again.

Hey @filboy which video? the playthrough is working fine here.

Almost done with my remix!! This has been fun, and I finally got around to learning and using Valhalla Shimmer. New favorite reverb for sure! Always wondered how you got your nice big swells of reverb in your tracks :sunglasses:

Jerome!! Excellent tutorial and great track! The only thing that I couldnā€™t find and I really wanted to know is the midi part of the Chord FX from Tutorial 04. That FX is pretty genius! :wink:

Just submitted my remix. This is such a cool song to work with.

1 Like

Well Done Jerome. Itā€™s Great To See You Here. I Like Your Music SInce Years, Great Great Stuff. Kubrick Is EPIC and THX for The Tutorial

1 Like

you guys werent kidding about the huge remix comp!
im all in!!!

1 Like

Amazing Kick drum Jerome, please make a sample pack with kicks like this. Best Kick I every worked with

Easily one of my favourite producers, absolutely delighted to have him doing a tutorial on Sonic Academy. Fantastic track!

1 Like

He already has. Look on Freshly Squeezed Samples, search Jerome Isma-Ae :sunglasses:

last few videos not loading properly

Love to hear and see your workflow Jerome but pls donā€™t use autofade/auto ducking on your mic. It cuts the start and end of everything you say and even though itā€™s not a problem understanding what you are saying itā€™s kinda pretty annoying for one and a half hour. just a tipā€¦

Actually when i listen more carefully I think itā€™s just a gate you have on your mic. Still, get rid of it. All the total dead silence between your sentences sounds strange.

And also as this is supposed to be a tutorial you should go more in details of what you do, how you do it and not at least why! You should also have been a bit more prepared like knowing the chords, telling us what scale u use and why, and make it visual what notes are being played. I donā€™t mean to complain but we are after all paying for this service. Its also not just a beginner level tut. but also intermediate. Compared to the tutorials of many of those others guest tutors this is a bit thin in form of information. Of course Sonic Academy has a responsibility of making a good product as possible. Competitors like Groove3 and a few others are starting to get better at teaching us how to produce than SA.

Iā€™ve gone through this tutorial twice. Itā€™s awesome precisely because it doesnā€™t get bogged down in minor details but shows an entire track start to finish as simply as possible. All of Jeromeā€™s tracks have impeccable sound, THATā€™s what Iā€™m paying for.

Great tutorial. Jeromeā€™s style is my way to follow. Thank you guys for the tut. Iā€™m waiting for another. Greets from Poland !!