How To Make - Popstep / Dubstep in Ableton Live / 375

Popstep / Dubstep in Ableton Live

View Course

Step into the Dubstep / Drum & Bass / Pop crossover genre with our 'How To Make Popstep' course. Create poppy stab and synth sounds coupled with a grimey bass wobble to add that dubstep influence. 

everything sounds nice except that vocaltrack that just doesnt fit in ;P good tutorial otherwise :)

the introduction video doesn&#039t seem to work - it goes staight to the final arrangement! :(

the introduction video goes staight to the final arrangement!!

great tutorial. Really helped teach me how to construct and arrange for future pop-step songs I make. And they only used Sylenth1 which is the only synth I have.

A very informative tutorial but I would love a tutorial on some more dark/bouncy dubstep like a lot of the hench recordings label such as mensah and jakes for ableton live as this is what I really want to produce.

Very Nice Intro; can wait to start this training!

would have been nice to know i had to spend hundreds of dollars for synth programs before i subscribed to this. even a little hey guys youlll need this on top of ableton. but i guess thats how you all rip people off right?

Sounds a lot like Nero - Me and you

The track is titled &#034Nero Changed 4&#034 and yes it follows &#034Me & You&#034 pretty daaaaaamn close! GREAT WORK SONIC ACADEMY!

You don't necessarily need all of these programs that they are using here. If you have ableton you have Operator which has 4 Oscillators and you can recreate almost identical reproductions of these sounds using that synthesizer alone. Yes they use a lot of plugins and vsts but that doesn't mean you have to. That is the beauty of making electronic music, you can use thousands of different methods to achieve the same results.

Sounds awesomely good!!!

sweet

this is the worst dubstep I’ve ever heard, and that’s crazy since there’s so much crap coming out these days that people call “dubstep”. Listen to the album, Skream!. That’s Dubstep. This is annoying.