How To Make - Synthwave with The Midnight / 547

Wow, how amazing is this. Wish he did a full Logic course, with a production guide-through.

This was a very in-depth and useful tutorial. For all the people complaining that he’s not showing you how to make melodies or chords - that’s called being an artist. He can’t show you how songs come into his head, that’s inspiration and creativity. If he could teach that in a 3 hour tutorial then everyone would be an artist. This is not something you can teach, it should come naturally to you and it’s subjective. What he can teach, and did a great job at, is the technical component. Why to cut this frequency, how to compress that kick, when to boost that tone, etc. There is natural talent and there is skill. The latter can be taught, the former cannot.

its super cool and help me a lot to improve in my synthwave and maybe future funk productions

Love The Midnight. Clear, concise, excellent!

Excellent teaching techniques, explains the why, not just the how. You get a good sense of the strategy behind the choices for this tune

very cool course

Amazing! Incredible course :slight_smile:

Such a good course, a must watch.

learnt so much from this course, very engaging

a no-frills and straight to the point course, just great sound choices and great ideas. His music sounds BIG, loved it

Just FYI, you can click and hold and drag across all of the insert “enable” buttons in the mixer and channel mixer views. That way you can disable multiple inserts without having to single click them all. It works to re-enable them as well. :slight_smile:

Awesome course. An insight into his process in the real time making of a song.

Really helpful stuff but sometime wish it wasn’t so VST specific

thx :pray:

the effect automation can have in production is amazing

1 Like

Very interesting! that’s just what I was looking for

I’ve just started working on my first SynthWave EP, so this is invaluable to me! Thanks!

Some good stuff in here.

Wow! It’s the Midnight!

Their mixing is just a masterpiece. Amazing.

1 Like