How To Make - Synthwave with The Midnight / 547

Nice song!

Great!!

Brilliant!

Awesome course. I found one of my favourite bands The Midnight because of this course.

Nice course, always wanted to make Synthwave

Well explained tutorial, thank you!

Absolutely Love the Midnight! They are the SynthWave reference for me. Come back kid has always been on my playlist. Seeing how the track was made and how it all comes together in the end and creates the magic was really awesome. Thanks a lot for making this video. I hope I can get my tracks to this level

1 Like

Really amazing!! Thank you for this tutorial!

REally in Love with that sound!!. It´s a pleasure to watch your videos. I have learnt a lot. Thank you!!

I love this tutorial, i was looking for BLUE’s guitar preset, i thought it was available in the resources but i can’t find it.
How can i get it ?

Thanks

Always great to see what happens behind the scenes of some of your favorite artist.

Which soft-synth is used for this preset and could you please point a video number & time frame, will make it easier to point what preset you’re after.

Now that said, not every sample, preset might be included in the course’s resources, if it’s a 3rd party preset from a paid pack for example, the tutor can’t redistribute it, same goes for samples from paid pack.

Thanks for your answer, it’s video n°15 “Guitar Lead Part 1” around 1:30 min with Rob Papen Blue VST

1 Like

Hey again @PAD

I watched the video 15 and downloaded the Logic project + resources files to check this out and no, this “solo guitar” RP Blue preset isn’t included in the resources. The tutor mentioned it in the video at 0:53 “I wished I could find the original preset but I wasn’t able to find it” and apology about this again at around 7:25. In fact the video is there to help people recreating this sound and RP Blue isn’t used in the available Logic Project, the “Guitar Solo” track is audio only.

But you will find the Guitar solo.mid as well as the Guitar solo.wav audio render in the resources. Best option here is to use any other synth that has a similar dry electric guitar sound and process it as the tutor was showing in this video. Now if you own RP blue, it might be a factory preset ? Can’t tell, I don’t have this soft-synth myself. If you have ANA 2 there’s a “WahWah Guitar” preset that might do the job if you disable ANA 2 internal effects, but again any similar dry guitar sound with a similar effects chain should get you close to the track sound. It’s also a good practice & habit IMHO, you won’t always have the same plug-ins or sound sources as you see in tutorials or listen in existing tracks, so trying to re-create them with your own tools is definitely a valuable learning practice, even if it’s less easy & more time consuming than using a preset.

Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers !

Awesome! :slight_smile:

Wow, how amazing is this. Wish he did a full Logic course, with a production guide-through.

This was a very in-depth and useful tutorial. For all the people complaining that he’s not showing you how to make melodies or chords - that’s called being an artist. He can’t show you how songs come into his head, that’s inspiration and creativity. If he could teach that in a 3 hour tutorial then everyone would be an artist. This is not something you can teach, it should come naturally to you and it’s subjective. What he can teach, and did a great job at, is the technical component. Why to cut this frequency, how to compress that kick, when to boost that tone, etc. There is natural talent and there is skill. The latter can be taught, the former cannot.

its super cool and help me a lot to improve in my synthwave and maybe future funk productions

Love The Midnight. Clear, concise, excellent!

Excellent teaching techniques, explains the why, not just the how. You get a good sense of the strategy behind the choices for this tune