How To Make - Synthwave with The Midnight / 547

Didn’t know this existed until finding it on YouTube! Can’t wait to dive in to this tutorial!

1 Like

Does anyone know where to buy the Dreamy Synth Kontakt instrument?

Hey there @sevenview

The Dreamy synth KONTAKT instrument.nki instrument + samples is available as part of the tutorial’s resources download.

Download the Resources file ( HTM_Synthwave_The_Midnight_Resources.zip ) , extract the archive and in the main resulting folder you’ll find an Instruments sub-folder with the NKI patch + samples.

This is an unbelievable tutorial. The way he explains his effects chains is simplistic but incredibly informative, some of the best content on sonic academy for sure.

1 Like

Love this!! The MidNight!! Hell f*cking yeah!!

Couldn’t be happier for this tutorial!!

Thank you for this! as a starting producer this is a bit overwhelming for me, but will be taking some notes!

Hey, @manuelmallen2 what DAW are you on? Have you checked out our Beginners courses in your chosen DAW? A great place to start.

1 Like

Hey dude! Thank you for writing! FL Studio 20, enjoying it so far.

@manuelmallen2 Suggest you to check some Owsey tutorials, even if on FL 20, the FL 12 beginner 1 & 2 are good ones to watch & learn from. Owsey Artist Profile - Watch video tutorials with Owsey

band is dope

Best Band Ever! Keep it UP!!!

Any chance we can get another tutorial with America Online?

Great course, great song. Tim is meticulous but very knowledgeable.

Loooooove The Midnight.

Thanks for this course!

Why did I pay my hard earned money to watch some one just use presets?!?!?!?!?! Nothing useful in these courses.

Hey there @darkmetal

Sorry to read that this course didn’t match your expectations, there’s been very controversial comments about this course, people seems to love it or hate it. For myself I think it’s a great course about the production of this track. Even if not going into all the details & sound design to get that sound, the insights about the different parts & the way they are mixed & arranged together to produce the full track was interesting, but of course this is my very own opinion on the course.

If you’re interested in Synthwave music, maybe you can have a watch to the Timecop83 course & also interview.

Nothing too crazy! Great course.

Doing damage control I see. This is a terrible course. If I wanted to watch some one drag and drop midi and audio, use presets and explain basic things about eq and compression I would stick to youtube videos. There is nothing in depth or worthwhile in the course for anyone beyond absolute beginner. My membership to this site has been nothing but a waste of money.