How To Make - Techno 2015 with Vince Watson / 232

I'd really be interested in this as well.

I’m with the others on this… I like the track and the tutorials but one thing is massively missing here… I like to follow along with the tutorial but add my own melodies and drum programming… I will by the end then, have a track of my own… Without an explanation of how the sounds are created it’s time consuming and frustrating to try and find/make a similar sound… I gave up by the ‘Bubbles’ synth part as there was no decent audition of the sound or explanation of the midi notes played… I know I could download the project but REALLY that doesn’t help and I don’t own DIVA and i’m not willing to fork out £150+ for the privilege of analysing the patch…

Superb tutorial. The tips and advice have really helped me. I’ve learned a lot about keeping my sets organised, eq and mixing. This is saving me lots of time. More tutorials from Vince please. :wink:

1 Like

Wondering if the project file is available for download?

The project file comes as part of the resources for the course. You get it as part of your subscription / or if you purchase the course outright

Where can I get the Vincenzo 5ths Omnisphere patch sound for the tutorial?

Hey
I will try and find this out for you!
@chris_agnelli

I am really happy with this course! I really like the clear and detailed explanations. I am missing this in a lot of other “how to make” tutorials. It is also very structured which I am also missing in some other tutorial series. This series is very good!

The only slightly negative thing for me is that I sometimes find it hard to understand due to the accent. (Englisch is also not my native language so that adds up to the difficulty)

Ok, I see that there are also a lot of negative comments on this…

Let’s add something. I am a beginner in making tracks, but I have a lot of theoretical knowledge about music production due to my interest in reading books about it. Somehow, this knowledge and experience is enough to follow this course.

The fact that this course is “simplified” according to some comments is not a bad thing in my opinion. I often get lost in other “how to make” series because they go to far into the details and in the end I lose the overall picture.

So maybe this course should not be labeled as “advanced”? Because for people like me in the range of beginner-intermediate I think this is a great tutorial and I would not want to miss it.

Makes it look so simple! Great tutorial peeps!

Thanks for the details and explanations on why you choose to notch out some of the bass frequencies. I’ve heard many videos / others say the same, and it is quite helpful to the mix.

nice
thanks fo these

Another amazing tutorial and great track to boot. Thanks Vince!

10/10 dif class :slight_smile:

Great tutorial ! Exactly what I need where I am at the moment

I watched this course a couple of years ago and it helped me alot to get more structure in my projects/workflow. I can recomment it.
Reagrds

Hey @NBT We are in the middle of editing Vince’s next course for Sonic Academy and its a monster one! ‘How To Make Detroit Techno’ incoming…

1 Like

Great tutorial but no mention at all about the music theory side of this production. It’s amazing if your clued up but certainly very hard to create something similar with no guidance or mention.

I’d be very grateful if someone could shed some light on the musical theory side of Detroit techno so I can start writing this music with that kind of vibe.

Mostly just minor chords with the odd minor 7th in there… quite a few use Cmin / Gmin chords sometimes Fmin thrown in.