How To Make - Techno 2015 with Vince Watson / 232

Techno 2015 with Vince Watson

View Course

Sonic Academy proudly presents ‘How To Make Techno 2015 with Vince Watson’ in Ableton. 

Vince servers up another slice of dark melodic techno, with moody moog baselines, dirty Detroit stabs and strings, techie trade mark 909 drums. Taking us through the setting up of your project, programming and grouping processing the drums, modulating the stab and arps to create real movement through to designing and manipulating drop effects to make the production come alive. 

Vince is master of the melodic, the dark and the deep having released on Bedrock, Cocoon, Ovum and Planet E - this guys, is one not to be miss.

Vince videos are some of my favs on the site! Glad to have new one.

Great highlighting of mixing fundamentals here. Everyone is so caught up looking for magic tricks to a better mix they forget to master the basics.
One of the best [if not THE best] video series on this site.
Cheers :)

Thanks Devasion, so glad you are enjoying it - its a great course well explained.

Hope you like

Hey SA team.
Nice track here... Makes me wonder if there are coming any discounts on the subscription fees anytime soon? "Fall discount" or something wouldn't hurt.. ;)

Will this tutorial be downloadable eventually, as the others? Thanks.

Thanks for this amazing Tutorial. :-)

Lads this is a cracking tutorial, Vince has a really efficient workflow and similar to his last tuturial on deep tech house which was excellent, his explanation of EQing was invaluable, as a lot of the time its a dark art for those who are not as advanced. He has a way of simplifying things so they are easy to understand - well done guys and special thanks to Vince for taking the time to produce the tutorial, its greatly appreciated.

I really liked this tutorial. What I would have loved to see was some more detail on how the synth parts are programmed. All we have is Vince saying: "And here's this nice synth sound I made" as he plays some ethereal melody. It would be great to know how he made those sounds in the first place. Maybe one for the next tutorial? "Programming techno synth sounds with Vince Watson" ;-)

I just purchased the course Make Music With Ableton Live 9 Beginner Lvl 1
£34.95 GBP1£34.95 GBPNow that it is paid for I cannot log in. The payment went through with the correct password and now it will not accept my log in. I sure hope that this is not a scam.

Kevin

Still not able to log in? Did you get an account verification email ok?

I don´t like this tutorial for several reasons. It´s overly simplified. First and foremost, the tutorial would be much better if the author explained what constitutes a modern Techno track, in terms of rhythms, timbres etc. Instead, what the author does is showing you how to create a Techno track, without any explination to his chocies of sounds, how the synth patches are made and so on. You learn a lot more from someone explaining what you generally should aim for when creating Techno patches and rhythms, rather than just hearing "Ok, this synth patch and rhtyhm is what I came up with. Now, let´s put in some off beat hi-hats." This is more a presentation of his particular track than a tutorial on how to make Techno. Extremely dissatisfied with this tutorial.

you're talking about the bubbly synth sound right? my guess is an arp'ing melody using the same chords he used with some delay and a bit of reverb on it... i do a lot of similar melodies and that's usually how i go about it... never tried Diva plug in though but id guess there's a built in arp, delay and verb like most advanced plug ins have... :) hope that was helpful

as much as i love this course and this is why i pad for the 3 months membership... i'm kindof glad/sad that the music is so similar to what i do...dunno how to explain it.. like as much as i learned a lot about the science behind putting things together.. i find that most of this ive already been doing a bit... am i more advanced than i thought? feels like this tracks is a bi too simplified? (please don't misunderstand my comment as that of hatred or condescending, Vince is a master... but im surprised let's say at how simple the track is)

Fayek, the track is deliberately like this for a reason, because I intended it to be Intermediate but also able to bring beginners along with ease. A more detailed and challenging tutorial may well come in the future, but its important to simplify processes enough for newbies to 'click' with it. Thanks for the comments though, its appreciated

Ive not done sound design in any of the tutorials yet, but its something ive been asked a number of times. Let's see what happens. Thanks for support Dash!

Thank you. Glad to help

Your welcome!

Nice to comment this. Appreciated.