How To Make - Trance - Tigerlily with Jaytech / 902

Trance - Tigerlily with Jaytech

View Course

We are so happy to have the man like Jaytech back and what a course he has delivered. Taking his biggest track on the Anjunabeats label from 2019, JayTech breaks down how he made this monster track. From showing how the grove was created to building and designing the breakdown, this is a start to finish course you won’t want to miss from a master of this genre. Downlaod the project files to gain unprecedented access and insight into how a world-class track on a world-class label is made. Jaytech explains everything is super fine detail, nothing is left untouched. Oh…and there is a massive remix competition also…

Any chance of midi files to go with the stems ? Looking forward to getting stuck into this

Noticed that this uses Neutron 2 and Ozone 8. Since the current versions are 3 and 9 respectively, could you please upload new versions of the Ableton project?

Good luck everyones!

Hey there all !

@Digivolt and @dougieb : all available resources for this course as well as for the remix comp is courtesy of the tutor and provided to you as it is. The Midi parts are included in the Ableton’s Live Project, if you are using a different DAW than Live and really want to access the full project you can download a 30 days trial version of Live 10 Suite from Ableton Website.

For the plugins in used for the course, they match the tutor’s own versions & choice when he recorded the tutorial and provided the Project File to S.A, it’s not possible to change this. So you might not have all the plugins or maybe using different versions but again the resources is what S.A received from the tutor.

Best way to learn is to adapt when you need to use your own DAW & tools while you’re following the course, all major DAWs have got common features & tools and for 3rd party Plugins instruments or effects, they can always be replaced by other brands Plugins. Spend time to watch & listen to the course, don’t feel lost or not at ease because you’re not using the same DAW or Plugins as the tutor.

@noctisluxx for any comments on the Remix Competition, please use the dedicated topic below, this one is for the tutorial comments & feedback. Thanks.

https://forums.sonicacademy.com/t/jaytech-tigerlily-remix-contest-with-anjunabeats-23

Didn’t want the full project just the midi to save some time from having to figure out the chords/notes used, no bother though. In future though especially for remix contests, midi files would be most welcome for those of us not using the DAW chosen for the tutorial just for a time saver :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Digivolt

Yep, got you and agree it would make things more simple, but again : up to what the tutor decided to provide.
I haven’t been through the tutorial yet myself but it could be that the midi parts were created on the fly or that you have a handy visual on them which can simplify the guess work. Alternatively, think about the trial version of Live, you’ll be able to open the full project & export all Midi parts. In Live it’s just a matter of right clicking on the Midi regions & then choose “Export MIDI Clip”.

1 Like

Enjoyed this, always great stuff from Jaytech.

1 Like

Hi guys, great track to work on and the video is spot on Jimbo many thanks for all the insight into your workflow.

Do any of the Sonic team know if the Danka Roller preset used for the “support bass” in Tutorial 03 is in one of the preset packs, its not listed in my presets atm?

1 Like

Hi there @bouldera

The “Danka Roller” Bass patch is a preset by Phil Johnston for ANA 2 Presets Vol. 7 - Synthwave pack.

You’ll find the pack here ANA 2 Presets Vol 7 - Synthwave | Sounds

Amazing Track! Love it

This is one of my favorite tracks by Jaytech, it’s awesome to see how he put it all together!

I have purchased the download version but I seem to be missing the last 3 videos of this tutorial. I have downloaded all 3 files provided.Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Mike_Baker Part 4 should be there now for you.!

Brilliant cheers Chris.

Without a doubt Best tutorials on this site are by Jaytech! Keeps it simple & so that people can make music & not learn how to add -3db to a compressor on a 6 channel layered kick drum, whilst blah blah blah. Spot on jimbo! More like these please!

Hey everyone - we have Jaytech coming up as a guest on the live show, so if you have any questions for him about his course or indeed anything else please post your questions here or email into live@sonicacademy.com

Jaytech is the man

Hi! Is anyone able to tell me where I can find the ‘Greatest’ lead preset used in ‘Tutorial 04 - Question and Answer Riff’?
Thanks!!

Cool tutorial!!!