How To Make - Uplifting Trance with Bjorn Akesson / 213

Great Course.

Fantastic course with great attention to detail! I learned heaps about the technical approach to writing tracks, using audio effects and making awesome leads and basses.

Epic course.

Great!

Bjorn is the most amazing tutor - it is so easy to follow and I have learnt more from Bjorn than any other tutorial. In addition we learn about the DAW he is using (by the way that is not critical, as I did the Studio One version of his course in Cubase Pro 10 and Ableton Live 10), with lots of useful workflow stuff.

Bjorn, sir, please keep producing these tutorialsā€¦

agreed sabrodigan!! i cant tell you how many times i keep coming back to these trance tutorials by bjorn and protoculture. i learn more and more each time! top notch cant wait for more from them.
more cubase and trance please :slight_smile:

Great tutorial, some really useful tips in here that iā€™ve been struggling with for a while now to get that certain sound in layering leads together. Thank you Bjorn & thank you Sonic Academy!

Bjorn Akesson you need to do more tutorials!! They are so good :slight_smile:

Great course. Was wondering what more I can do to my tracks, definitely got some ideas from this.

Great course but I was wondering, since the course is already a couple of years old and we are already at ANA 2, if it possible to share the preset that was used for ANA for this course so I can use it in ANA 2.
I would like to see if I can recreate the track in Ableton since that is the DAW that I use but I am having problems creating the correct synth for the main melody.

@dvdmeer

Unfortunately presets from ANA wonā€™t work in ANA 2, so sharing the preset wonā€™t help here. I donā€™t use Cubase so I canā€™t open the project and check the ANA preset in order to try to replicate it in ANA 2.

Maybe @bjornakesson could recreate the preset with ANA 2 ? But thatā€™s entirely up to him of course, I canā€™t grant that to you.

I understand. Thanks anyway

1 Like

Great course. Very easy to follow.

Does this pluck exist in Ana2? I canā€™t seem to find it. Thank you.

Hi there @bluemotion

What soft-synth is used and in whatā€™s the video number & play-through time that youā€™re referring to ?
It might help to get an answer, nothing directly mentioning ā€œPluckā€ in the videoā€™s titles :wink:

Really enjoyed this course, Bjorn has a great way of putting it across - simple and concise.
Would definitely recommend and wish he would do more in the future!

Had a go at recreating the lead preset for ANA2.
Its a starting pointā€¦
Bjorn Lead Preset ANA2

1 Like

Hey Sonic Academy, this is a great course! Iā€™m working on recreating the track in Ableton, and while Bjorn goes to great lengths to explain a lot of what heā€™s doing, he doesnā€™t walk through the ANA presets sufficiently so that we can recreate them in either ANA 2 or another soft synth with similar features.

I know that this is an old tutorial at this point, but if thereā€™s any way to get the ANA presets added to the ā€œResourcesā€ download, that would be great. Also, as a suggestion going forward, it would be very helpful if all instructors included their ANA 2 presets in the downloadable resources, as some other instructors have taken to doing. Thanks!

I kind of agree for including the presets in the tutorial resources ( not only for ANA 2 BTW ) but that all depends of the origin of the presets IMO, when itā€™s custom user presets made by the tutors itā€™s not an issue but many times presets from payed packs are used and those shouldnā€™t be redistributed to comply with the end user license agreements. Thatā€™s also something to keep in mind.

Best course Iā€™ve ever watched !!