How To Use - Ableton Live 9 Beginner Level 1 / 325

Tried to watch this and it's saying video unavailable...any idea why?

Hi David - can you mail us at www.sonicacademy.com/support/c... if the problem persists

Is this the only tutorial for beginners? If not, then how many more levels?

Hi Bryan, I recently purchased Ableton Live 9 Suite. I'm new to Ableton, which courses do you recommend, I see there's only 2 levels available here. I'm planning to purchase both, any others you can recommend? Maybe at Intermediate level?

Hi Elroy
i would recommend you to take a look at some of our How To Make courses in Ableton Live - these step up to a more intermediate level

Hello! Can I learn this course using Ableton Live 9 Intro, or do you need to have the Suite?

I second this, I bought this course but none of the links for the samples go through on the page, thus rendering me from moving further in the videos because I can't get the same sound layout -_-

HI Sara, not quite sure what you mean. The samples are audio files so will work across any DAW. - If you are talking about the resources tab - try refreshing the page and this will resolve any timeout issue on the download link

Hi Bryan, I see that you replied to the response on my question, but not my question itself...

Hi @disqus_NJNLpcb9wr:disqus - This course uses Live 9 Intro - so is fully compatible

I have not downloaded the course does that mean i don't get the sample packs as shown on tutorial 6 and 7 i have paid for gold membership?

Hi, I just suscribed and this is my very first tutorial now and I like it! However, I may have a problem. In the top right corner of Ableton, I can see that my processor is working around 75% to play Sonic Beginner Level 1.als file. It's strange because I have an AMD 8320 eight-core processor 3.50GHZ and in my task manager, it says it's working around 8% of its full capacity. What does this mean? Also, I can't go under 3120 samples in the Output Buffer Size or else I start hearing unwanted noise. Is this because my sound card is bad? I don't have any external audio interface yet. Thank you!

Yeah it's related to the sound card. Try seeing if any of the other driver option give netter results. Also get this http://www.asio4all.com. In the end you will want a proper Asia sound card. They don't have to be expensive. You can get something decent for £50+

phenomenal... nothing else I can say. This is so good... Thanx a lot...

Hi, I don’t see the letters of the notes in the midi note editor. I only see what not it is when I hover over the piano keys in on the left side, but when I draw notes in the editor, it doesn’t say what note is is. How do I do that? Thanks /Erik

Hit the “Fold” Button… it shrinks the keyboard down to just he notes that are being used and adds the note names

Awesome series! Really got me up to speed quickly with Ableton. Thanks Bryan!

Hi, so i cant open the resource files. Live is telling me that i have to have version 9.0.4 or later to open the file. On the ableton website it says i have live 9.6.2. When i look under help > about live > it says its 9.0 build.
help?

Do you perhaps have an earlier version installed and its using that to open the resources.

Try an “open project” directly within Live 9.

Awesome course and very easy to follow. Can’t wait to take the next one!