How To Use - Arturia MiniBrute 2 with King Unique / 893

Arturia MiniBrute 2 with King Unique

View Course

Roll out the red carpet because ‘His Majesty’ is back, and King Unique has managed to get his hands on another new synth, so unlike Andrew and Harry this royal representative is a happy man!

Over this 2 hour in-depth course Matt is checking out how to get to grips with the awesome MiniBrute 2 from Arturia - a semi-modular synth, with a more powerful synth engine than its predecessor and a comprehensive mini-jack patchbay which expands on the analogue grit, interesting oscillator shaping, and ‘Brute’ factor of the original and makes it well-equipped for evolving drones, inharmonic FM sounds and out-there SFX.

Matt takes us through how to use each control in fine detail before demonstrating what this box of tricks can do!

The MiniBrute 2 looks like a ton of fun so check it out!

Sonic Academy and King - THANK YOU!

What a great course - I have the 2S - but I know more about my synth now than EVER, you have opened up this synth from one that was switched on once a month to every day - thank you.

Would love you to doing an S addition and also Eurorack modules working with the patch panel.

Very Interesting…

You ARE the King!

Don’t have this one but got a lot of ideas for my s7weet beast Roland SE-02.
But not only technical stuffs, even new ideas in making melodies and more.

Thank you guys!

sound starts to break up halfway through this clip, will you be re-recording it ?

Hey there @Stora

Could you please specify the Video Number & Name in which you find the sound to be broken half way ?
Looks weird 'cause no one else has reported an issue yet, thanks.

Also take note that as a free user, unless you purchased the full course and got it as a download, only the “Tutorial 01 - Introduction” & “Tutorial 02 - Oscillators” are free to watch online, to view the full course online you need to have a valid subscription with S.A.

Hi

I have just realised that it is the clip on YouTube that is corrupt. The streaming clip is fine. Please feel free to delete my comment and avoid any confusion.

Hey again @Stora

The 2 videos on YT are playing nicely without sound issue for me, using Firefox here.

I did browse quickly through them both tough, not playing the all duration, any specific time you noticed the issue ?? And which vid BTW, Intro or Osc ? ), but again you can watch those 2 free videos on S.A website as well.

No worries for the post, it can stay here unless you want to remove it, you an do it yourself or just let me know and I will delete it then.

I hear a distortion on the voice commentary at around the 4:15 mark on the Osc video.

Tested in Opera and Internet Explore.

1 Like

@Stora Only thing I could noticed around 04:15 in this video is a small gap between the words “that” and “square”, like an edit/cut tiny blank, but hopefully nothing preventing for listening & watching the video :slight_smile: Could be the browser or playback settings on your end maybe ? Not sure but it shouldn’t prevent you to watch the video IMO.

Anyway thanks for reporting this, feel free to join Chris & Phil for their Live stream 002 this evening BTW, the show takes place every week on Thursday @8pm GMT, should start in about an hour from now, here’s the link : What Gear Sucks and NODE - Sonic Live 002 - YouTube