How To Use - MASCHINE Jam with Echo Sound Works / 497

MASCHINE Jam with Echo Sound Works

View Course

Sonic Academy brings you an exclusive ‘How To Use Maschine Jam’ with the production master that is Echo Sound Works. Here he shows us how this brand new product from Native Instruments Maschine camp can be used in the production of your tracks and integrated into your workflow.

This isn’t a look at every knob on the controller, but rather, a how it would be used in the real world by a producer wanting the shortest route from inspiration the reality. ESW shows us how you can sequence and arrange on the fly with an 8x8 multicolor click-pad matrix, shape and perform sounds in inspiring ways using eight dual-touch Smart Strips and bring it all together with the power of the included MASCHINE software.

Building a wicked future bass track, we look at the different input modes, and end with a live performance using the touch strips and laying out a basic arrangement using the pads.

Unfortunately, very poor. I’m thankful for the effort and usually ESW tips and tricks are cool, but this one is a waste of money. If you are expecting to learn about the Jam, this is not it. Very little time on the Jam, very very lite overview. No interesting or relevant tips.

Hi there @muitosabao, sorry you did not enjoy the course. However, this course was developed with Native Instruments themselves, and it decided this was not to be a look at every knob. We have this in the course description 'This isn’t a look at every knob on the controller, but rather, a how it would be used in the real world by a producer wanting the shortest route from inspiration the reality." They wanted to showcase Jam being used as an effective input device and inspirational tool in the studio environment. I think if you look at the course again with this in mind, you will get so much more from it.

Hope this helps!

Thank you Guys, I have never touch maschine hardware and software before, in fact zero knowledge i have, I decided to buy Maschine Jam and try it out, this is my first time laying my hand on something like this, went through youtube searching for the beginners tutorials, all i saw was advanced tutorials , only here i found best tutorials for the beginners , thank you guys, keep it up. I’m making my purchase now. please more,

Welcome aboard - glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you around!

I am a Maschine convert from MPC… Love your tutorials, they really are improving my productions skills

this site has been the greatest tool for improving my production techniques. Really nice work

This is dope. When is this record coming out?

how do i midi map the maschine Jam and not the piano i’m playing alongside it?

For example, the top left corner is an A2. I play that on my keys and it sets off a loop i don’t want.
I want the JAM to control ableton, and my piano to play notes

Hey there @tgwsmw

• I haven’t watch this course myself yet, so maybe some information is redundant here :wink:

There’s a few steps to take in order to get the best out of NI Maschine Jam & Live.

• 01 - IMO, it’s a good idea to use the dedicated Maschine Jam controller template in order to have a comprehensive mapping inside Live as well as more features, so that’s the 1st step to take. You can refer to this NI thread :

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210281625-How-to-Install-the-MASCHINE-Ableton-Live-Template

• 02 - Once up & running with this setup, Maschine Jam will map depending on what instrument you’re using on each track. You can then play midi notes by pressing the “PAD MODE” button on Maschine Jam → if you have a Drum Rack on the track, the pads on Maschine Jam will map to it.

• 03 - Now for other instruments : if you have a synth or anything else than a Drum Rack on the track, pressing on “PAD MODE” will again enable you to use Maschine Jam’s pads to enter notes. Now the thing to bear in mind is that the mode is set to CHROMATIC by default, you can then use the ARROWS KEYS on Maschine Jam to modify this :

Pressing LEFT & RIGHT allows you to change the SCALE.
Pressing UP & DOWN allows you to change by SEMI-TONES

The playing Midi Notes will be reflected in the Live’s Status & information line at the bottom of the screen.

Hop that helps :wink:

Cheers !