Thanks for your reply & clarifying this.
That's why I asked more details because this hasn't been reported by other Reaper users ( at least not on the forums ), so I wanted to make sure about what's really happening.
So it looks like it's more some occasional crash when rendering and dragging the generated audio kick to an audio track. Maybe you should report this on Reaper's forums too. I spent some time checking there as well as searching for relevant bit of information on the manual, so maybe it's worth trying to switch the previous mentioned settings next time you face this issue. Will update the post title to reflect this for other users.
Always difficult to determine if it's the plugin or the DAW causing that kind of random crashes, it gets more close to suspect a bug in one or another when the issue is really recurrent.
At some point it might be good to open a ticket with Reaper support to see if they are able to replicate this, same goes with S.A support, you can open a ticket here.
But again, hard to trouble shoot if it's not happening all the time. Thanks for reporting this