Missing presets from installing Ana 2 from Ana 1

hi.

im really frustrated because i loaded up a song i was busy with a few months ago, during that time i installed Ana2 and was working on other tracks, i loaded up the song today to get ready for vocal recording, and it says cant find Ana 1 . all my presets are missing now. I loaded Ana 2 into the synth tracks and it defaults to the dreamy preset. so ive lost 2 key sounds in this song which unless i can replicate it exactly or very close, the song is ruined. can someone help me to re-produce these sounds for Ana2. thanks

the first sound is the chord (not the bass)

https://forums.sonicacademy.com:/uploads/default/original/3X/6/a/6a1e64692b8cfe52043c82b09467c1b35e3add3f.mp3

the second sound is the lead ( not the bass)

https://forums.sonicacademy.com:/uploads/default/original/3X/6/3/636dcc669c140aecb35e762124b5c99f2e4747e5.mp3

Shane

Hi there,

A.N.A 1.5 presets are NOT compatible with ANA 2, if you tried to manually move presets from A.N.A 1.5 into your ANA 2 Presets folder or User Presets, then ANA 2 preset browser will show as empty.

You will need to remove those A.N.A 1.5 presets from your preset folder in order to fix this.

Also what is your Operating System ? A.N.A 1.5 won’t work on MacOS if you are running a version above 10.14 which was the latest MacOS version supported fro A.N.A 1.5

It’s hard to get a very precise idea of the sounds you’re trying to recreate since they are played in the context of the full track ( we get a clue of course, but it’s not ideal ).

If you can access those A.N.A 1.5 presets and DM them to me , I have A.N.A 1.5 running on MacOS High Sierra and I can give it a try.

Do not upload presets in this thread since the forums are on public access, I’m sending a private message to you now.

hi thanks for the quick reply, i dont think i can access the sounds individually because the presets are missing. i can modify the sample i sent by dropping some frequencies, but its the pad sound and the lead sound i need. i do know that it was a preset from the ana 1 factory sound bank , but i havent been sound designing lately, and ive been more composing so it will be hard to recreate those sounds. if you can give it a try it would be great, as there are not many sounds that i can replace with those .

also i am running Catalina, which is not compatible with ana 1. i was thinking of loading up my other computer which has a lower OS, however i dont have ableton 10 on there, which the session is in. i can try export the ableton session as an ableton 9 session but im not sure if it works. if it did work, i could load the session on th eold computer, install Ana 1 on the old computer and try access the presets. but im not sure if i can export the session from ableton 10 to ableton 9.

i can send you the midi files of the pads and lead if that helps recreate the sound

Was A.N.A 1.5 installed on this Mac computer before your upgrade to Catalina ?

If it was installed, your presets should be there : /Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/A.N.A/Presets

It doesn’t make sense to modify frequencies, you’re gonna alter the all sound, so it would be even less accurate to try to reproduce this pad.

It’s not about the Midi, though it could help, but more about the sound itself, especially for the pad.

Check your Private Messages here on the forums, you should see an indicator that you have a pending message next to your profile pic, top right of the forum page. If you click on the pic, you’ll get a menu to access messages.

If you have this Live 10 Project that was made with A.N.A 1.5 but can’t access your presets, then can you upload the Ableton Project via Dropbox, WeTransfer or another cloud link and PM the link ?

yeah i can send you the session file. what ill do it remove all the other tracks, and send the ableton 10 file with the ana tracks on it (ana v 1.5 ) will that help ?

1 Like

i have the old ana presets yes, however i cant access them of course. but yes i do have that folder , so if you need that folder i can include it in the PM link

OK, I have your project in the PM.

You have 4 tracks of A.N.A 1.5 but in fact you’re just using 2 presets, I will try to recreate those in ANA 2 for you.