New Member's Say Hello

Hello.

My name is Jack and I go under the name of DJ Bounce as you can see. Got four tracks out on cd in the shops right now and also many digital releases online.

Nice to meet you all!

Hello there Acadamists

My nameā€™s Duff. I like techno. Been trying to produce for a good few years now but only made 1 track so far that I would even consider playing to a crowd.

2011 is gonna be the year I get something finished, and maybe, hopefully, released (not making any bets though).

As you can tell from the below, I have some way to go (an epic journey).

Whompthruster by Duff

WIP 1 by Duff

hello all the new comers and Duff really like that first track

Hi guys!

Just subscribed today, after viewing some SA teasers on Youtube.

Iā€™ve been producing on and off for a few good years now, started with quite proggy stuff but Iā€™ve gone techier/techno over the years. Unfortunately Iā€™m a person who never finishes anything when it comes to producing, so I have a hard disk full of good ideas but not a single finished project. So one thing Iā€™m going to look out for is arrangement tips and tricks in the tutorials :w00t:

Iā€™m a big fan of diffent kinds of techno, from Hawtin, Dubfire, Beyer, to Liebing, Speedy J, but also more minimal stuff. I also like more melodic techno, depending on my mood, my productions are in this area :slight_smile:

Other stuff Iā€™m still looking out for is synthesis & processing of sounds, have seen some fantastic tricks already in the vids and forums.

Iā€™m mainly using Ableton 8 with Sylenth and NI Maschine.

Alright guys, just signed up the other day and thought i would chip in my ten pence worthā€¦

I started producing a good few years ago while i was living in Leeds and got off to a great start as i was surrounded by so many influencial people, producers and great aĀ nightlife. But just as i was really starting to get somewhere i left it all behind for Sydney which is now home. Donā€™t get me wrong i love the place but there is no scene out here and iā€™ve lost my network of producer friends, so the producing has seriously suffered.

But finding SA has propelled me to where i was all those years ago and then some, i can honestly say that i have learned more from the tutorials over the last couple of weeks than i have the whole time iā€™ve been doing this. This in turn has seriously got my creative juices going again and rejuvinated my passion for making music.

So keep up the great work guys and i lookĀ forward to plenty more useful tutorials!

Cheers,

Will

Hi Iā€™m noob status. learned so much from this site, look forward to doing more of the same and getting to know all of you as well.

Cheers!

Hello Everybody im Ciaran

Looking Forwand to meeting ya all and learning a bit along the way :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool to see more new faces - welcome

Hi

My name isĀ Michael (Belgium) and Iā€™m struggeling with ableton for a year now :slight_smile: I came out to SAĀ after I was searching the netĀ for someĀ ableton tutorials. Saw some vids on youtube already and after visiting and exploring the site here, I immediately suscribed for a year because I noticedĀ itā€™s reallyĀ proffessional. So, hoping to learn a lot here :wink:

Whatā€™s up guys

chillllllllllllin :cool:

Working on a nasty bassline - so no change there then:D

haha nice, me too. saw some of your threads in search of some stuff, it was helpful, thought iā€™d join up.:hehe:

[quote]benneyates (17/01/2011)[hr]haha nice, me too. saw some of your threads in search of some stuff, it was helpful, thought iā€™d join up.:hehe:[/quote]

Good to hear Benny and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

New here, but already watched a lot of tutorials. Great resources and learned a lot already. Besides that, just had a lot of fun trying out things and get inspired.

Been into music a long time ago (guitar and keyboard, midi on the c64 started it all). Got older and did not do much music anymore. Never lost sight on all the music stuff, but just did not get around and find some time. Butā€¦just started again and I love all the new technology (Iā€™m a bit of a tech geek, as a software developer from profession).

Time permitted I hope to join some conversations here on the forums. Looks like a relaxed and fun community.

Keep it up guys, will probably be a long time subscriber.

Hello fellow Sonic Academy tutors / studentsā€¦

Iā€™ve just signed up today and look forward to trawling my way through the hours of tutorials and pick up some much needed tipsā€¦ Iā€™ve been using Ableton for about a year (on and off) after buying a copy of Suite 8 this time last year.

Looking to produce some electro house / breaks type stuff! Got some ideas, just need to put them into sounds!!!

Look forward to future discussions with you lot!

Matt.

Hi its the Groovefreakz :wink: sonic academy rocks :wink:

Hello all, I stumbled upon this website by accident but Iā€™m glad I did. Iā€™m relatively new to Ableton and watching the tutorials + reading what the community have to say here in the forums already helped me out a lot in understanding my DAW. So thanks for that :slight_smile:

Greetings from Alkmaar, The Netherlands,

Boyku.

Looking Forward to learning big time !!!

Just signed up for this site.Ā  Exactly what Iā€™ve been looking for for a while.Ā  Awesome tutorials!Ā  Keep it up, and nice LOOKING site to boot.