Is it just me or does sonic academy have 0 tutorials on how to record vocals with a singer or artist. Furthermore, I've been struggling to find good youtube tutorials on this topic as well. It's almost like you're expected to know this with no decent instruction.
I apologize in advance if it sounds like I'm heavily bitching, however, vocals are some of the most important pieces to music and every tutorial I've watched (and I've been a subscriber for a long time) already has a pre recored vocal track and the focus is on how to mix it in.
Where can I find good instruction around:
1. selecting a vocalist for your track
2. how to set up different mics and acoustics, what equipment is a must and what is not needed
3. how to make sure you're getting quality recordings
4. what channels should the singer be listening to in the headphones vs you in the booth
5. how to build a home studio that works for vocals
If I'm missing something please slap me across the face and point me in the right direction. Thanks Team!