Sonic Successes!

good lad!

Just finished the latest broken sword game (KERCHING) . , about a year ago i sent a demo to universal studios although i wont give sonic academy full credit for what this is they have defo helped me to get to where im at … im moving to the states in the new year to work (sound design )on a feature film . cant say what as i have already signed an n.d.a

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom !!

Nice one Mate!! :cool: :cool:

All you need now is a paddle… to row over on that big box of tricks that you have! :stuck_out_tongue:

superb news egg… Good fortune to you in New York!!

[quote]egg2 (18/06/2011)[hr]Just finished the latest broken sword game (KERCHING) . , about a year ago i sent a demo to universal studios although i wont give sonic academy full credit for what this is they have defo helped me to get to where im at … im moving to the states in the new year to work (sound design )on a feature film . cant say what as i have already signed an n.d.a

[/quote]

oh right - you did the music!

when i first read it i thought you had completed the game and posted it here for a laugh :w00t::w00t::w00t:

sorry!

fair play mate thats great. and probably much more lucrative than an mp3 release on beatport or sumthin.

good for you

[quote]egg2 (18/06/2011)[hr]Just finished the latest broken sword game (KERCHING) . , about a year ago i sent a demo to universal studios although i wont give sonic academy full credit for what this is they have defo helped me to get to where im at … im moving to the states in the new year to work (sound design )on a feature film . cant say what as i have already signed an n.d.a

[/quote]

Wicked mate really pleased - so when you get you first royalty check don’t forget to hire a plane for all us at SA to comeover and PARTY :smiley:

And another

[url]http://www.junodownload.com/products/psycoletik-ep/1772106-02/?trackid=2[/url]

good stuff slender & egg.

My first ep

[url]http://www.junodownload.com/products/1786589-02.htm[/url]

First of many! Best of luck Paul :slight_smile:

[quote]ICN (16/07/2011)[hr]First of many! Best of luck Paul :)[/quote]

Nah going too retire now with all my royalties

[quote]AlexTDS (14/05/2011)[hr]All these posts are very inspiring, as a beginner i belive that i’ve found the right place to learn all there is about production now.[/quote]

Same here.

Was wondering also if Live would be good to start with for production?!:slight_smile:

Absolutely. It is, arguably, the easiest DAW to get to grips with and the session view helps builds loops and grooves really easily.

[quote]jonsloan (27/07/2011)[hr]Absolutely. It is, arguably, the easiest DAW to get to grips with and the session view helps builds loops and grooves really easily.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

Excellent, roll on payday then :D.

[quote]DM9 (27/07/2011)[hr][quote]jonsloan (27/07/2011)[hr]Absolutely. It is, arguably, the easiest DAW to get to grips with and the session view helps builds loops and grooves really easily.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

Excellent, roll on payday then :D.[/quote]

I would try demos of Reason, cubase and even Fruity Loops before you invest - don’t get me wrong I would not use any other DAW but Live however you may find you prefer the workflow of the others

In away they are all the same (except reason as you can not use vsts) - damn hope i have not confused you :smiley:

[quote]slender (27/07/2011)[hr][quote]DM9 (27/07/2011)[hr][quote]jonsloan (27/07/2011)[hr]Absolutely. It is, arguably, the easiest DAW to get to grips with and the session view helps builds loops and grooves really easily.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

I would try demos of Reason, cubase and even Fruity Loops before you invest - don’t get me wrong I would not use any other DAW but Live however you may find you prefer the workflow of the others

In away they are all the same (except reason as you can not use vsts) - damn hope i have not confused you :D[/quote]

Not at all, i have used Cubase & Fruity Loops before, could use them but never ever liked the look of it. However i absolutely love the look of Ableton & with the amount of guides kicking about etc, im sure i can manage to pick things up … albeit slowly no doubt. :slight_smile:

[quote]DM9 (27/07/2011)[hr][quote]slender (27/07/2011)[hr][quote]DM9 (27/07/2011)[hr][quote]jonsloan (27/07/2011)[hr]Absolutely. It is, arguably, the easiest DAW to get to grips with and the session view helps builds loops and grooves really easily.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

In away they are all the same (except reason as you can not use vsts) - damn hope i have not confused you :D[/quote]

Not at all, i have used Cubase & Fruity Loops before, could use them but never ever liked the look of it. However i absolutely love the look of Ableton & with the amount of guides kicking about etc, im sure i can manage to pick things up … albeit slowly no doubt. :)[/quote]

Cool just did not want you too spend money on something you found non inspirational :slight_smile:

avesta, i believe i heard your track at edc this year. Congrats man, big tune. Keep us updated with some previews of ur new tracks

A BIG BIG THANKYOU

I’ve won 2 remix comps and my first official remix was released on Beatport this week,

My debut track is riding high at number 2 in DAB Amazing radio dance charts.

My technical production skills in Ableton have gone through the roof since subscribing.

I constantly use all the tutorials for reference, inspiration and learning.

I would still be fumbling around hoping I was doing things the right way if I hadn’t found SA, worth every penny,

Help me get to Number 1 by playing my track “Get The Music”

It a free download too as a thank you

Amazing Radio

Big hugs

MJ

Care to tell us which 2 competitions you’ve won?