VST's in ableton live 8 for windows 7

I was wondering if anybody had some solutions for getting VST’s loaded in to ableton 8, with windows 7. I just got the z3ta and can’t seem to get it to be accessible in my plugin devices. I have tried moving it around and rescanning the vst folders but I cant seem to get it. The only vst I got showing up is the novation bass station, it wont show anything else. Id greatly appreciate anyones help.

are you using win 7 64bt?

just make sure you are using 32bt vsts, as ableton will only work with 32bt vsts.

I’ve not had any problems with anything not working as long as i stuck to 32bt vsts.

I had this issue to, just didnt work… I’m using windows 7 64bit but running eveything in 32bit… I just gave up in the end… might go back to it later

I’m using Windows 7 with Live 8 and didn’t have any issues with the z3ta+ installation.

However I did have problems previously with other plug in’s which - after instalation - just don’t show up in my vst folder, very weird.

Cool appreciate it, I guess I will just get the 32 bit version.

[quote]Dezz (27/06/2010)[hr]Cool appreciate it, I guess I will just get the 32 bit version.[/quote]

Windows 7 64 bits is great but lack some of the most important Drivers for Hardware usually. I think getting 32 bits for now is a good idea + u can upgrade later on when they updated all the specific Driver that u need

Hell yea, thanks alot guys. 32 bit version worked like a charm

Hey mate, dont know if your aware but if you have change your version of windows to 32bit if wont register any RAM over 4gig… I have 8GB DDR3 so need windows 7 64bit… anyone know of any solutions for me?

this is interesting as i’m about to buy a new computer

live is 32bit only, but apparantly can run in 64bit environment but obviously only 32bit, meaning you can only running 32bit vsts?

is this right? anyone got any experience of this?

[quote]ctdf (01/07/2010)[hr]this is interesting as i’m about to buy a new computer

live is 32bit only, but apparantly can run in 64bit environment but obviously only 32bit, meaning you can only running 32bit vsts?

is this right? anyone got any experience of this?[/quote]

Yep and your dead right

[quote]gofunk (29/06/2010)[hr]Hey mate, dont know if your aware but if you have change your version of windows to 32bit if wont register any RAM over 3gig… I have 8GB DDR3 so need windows 7… anyone know of any solutions for me?[/quote]

You need to install XP, Vista or Windows 7 64bit - best Windows 7 IMO and then the rest of your ram will be recognised - but what I am not sure if 32bit applications recognise the additional ram -

I run live with loads of power hungry processing plug ins in in Windows 7 32bit with 4 gig of ram and have had no problems what so ever - I see no need to run a 64bit environment till Ableton do the buisness and come out with a 64 bit version and even then I am not so sure

i havent used windows 7, can you switch between which environment you load in?

Any 64 bit version of windows will run any 32bit application in a 32bit environment without telling to do so and the application will use the full system ram based on what windows tell it… ableton is 32bit and therefore can only use 32bit plugins but will use all the system ram the OS (windows) allows.

So if you have 8 gig ram and 64bit windows ableton will use the full 8 gig if needed. However if you have 8 gig ram and only 32bit windows everything you run will only ever use 4 gig and the system will not show any more then 4 gig in system info

Any 32bit windows will not allow you to use ram above 4 gig, so your limeted on upgrades. If you plan on adding more ram later go for a 64bit windows - future proof this way and will cost you less in the long run.

[url]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946765[/url] <— this is for vista but it will be almost the same for 7 i think or at least a guide line.

Hope this helps

really does, thanks!