What genre do you want 'How To Make' courses on?

What genre do you want ‘How To Make’ courses on?

Let us know what genres we should be focusing on in the comments below.

A Randomer or Blawan style technotrack would be cool. Some filthy, percussion heavy techno.
I saw a video of Randomer giving a masterclass on creating kicks for Native Instruments which was excellent. Also seemed like a very nice guy. Maybe he’s up for it?

What also would be cool: a dnb producer explaining his process of creating his phattest reeses. Always nice to get a peek in that kind of train of thoughts.

1 Like
  1. Tropical House in Fl Studio…

2. Drum and Bass like in the style of Seba.

3. Trap beats in FL Studio (Kind of like the style of Jacob Lethal Beats on youtube) that kind of thing.

Those would be awesome!

1 Like

I would like to have more Trance and Progressive tutorials (possibily in Logic).
Possibly also some courses focusing only on specific channels of a song: e.g. drums and percussions, basslines, etc.

1 Like

Hi, and thank you for asking for our “How to make…” preferences and wishes.
I’m really interesting in Trance, Psytrance, Future Bass and EDM. I really like courses like the ones of the Nate Raubenheimer, Bjorn Akesson, Echo Sound and James Dymond. I would like also following courses with a wide and deep approach to the vocal treatment, and vocal recording and editing.
I also would like more courses about virtual orchestration and use of libraries like “Orchestral Hybrid” with Protoculture.
Thanks!!

1 Like

I think more new genre! Chill, Chill-out, Ambient, New Age, IDM, World

1 Like

Hi,

I would like to see more on Trance music and preferable with Ableton (and NI Kontact).
In the style of Armin, Aly & Fila, Bjorn Akesson.

What I am also missing are more indepth tutorials on Native Instruments Massive X. How to make specific sounds for example.

2 Likes

Trance 2.0 course “Anjuna Style”
Logic Pro X
With trance samples, Kick2 and Ana2 presets.

1 Like

I’d like to see more progressive house, Cristoph, Camelphat, Jeremy Olander style In Ableton, but Logc would be fine too.

2 Likes

Techno in the style of Umek would be interesting. IIRC, I saw something where he said that uses loads of tracks in his DAW (Logic I believe)… I’d love to know what all those tracks are doing!

1 Like

Psytrance tutorial. style: vini vici. Produced in cubase.
Thanks a lot

2 Likes

More How To Use videos, like those by King Unique, he has taken on some esoteric subjects. Maybe branch more into the hardware, like he did one on Neutron, maybe once in a while even dabble in modular. And would it kill anyone to throw pro tools a bone once in a while?

1 Like

What I don’t want is more of the courses where there’s competition involved. I’ve noticed that the courses associated with such competitions tend to be very weak and nothing more than marketing exercises.
The courses I want more of are the courses similar to the ones released by Protoculture and Kirk DeGorgio which are probably more advanced, but which cover different types of the more exotic plugins, some sound design and a lot about producing tracks.
As a possible incentive for this type of course I draw your attention to what I purchased as a result of watching Protoculture’s tutorial on Psy Trance earlier this year…
I bought the course itself, Cubase Pro 10, The Psy Trance Preset Pack for ANA2; Ultimate Drums 2 by Sonic Academy; 2 x Sound and Preset Packs from Futurephonics; Bought SoundToys 5 plugin bundle, Started a subscription for Solid State Logic Plugins; Started a Mega Bundle subscription for Plugin Alliance plugins; Bought the Avenger Synth from Vengance Sound; Bought UVI Falcon and 10 add-on packs; Three plugins from D16 Group; Presets by Protoculture for DS Thorn synth; Bought the Black Octopus Psychedelic Toolbox sample pack; various AIR Music Technology synths and Retrologue 2 from Steinberg. I think you can guess how much all that is worth.
Maybe a bit self indulgent perhaps, but my point is that if you get your courses right they could have a far bigger impact than you would ever get with courses that include a competition.

1 Like

I want few courses on World Music especially Bollywood music.

1 Like

More Trance and Psytrance please. Another one from Protoculture/Shadow Chronicles would be most welcome, and I’d love to see a course presented by Solarstone.

1 Like

It would be awesome to see a course on how new Break Beats are made. How they take a simple breakbeat and make it into a complex full sounding track. What they do with their percussion, fills, build ups, cool bass sound designs, and sampling tricks.
I also loved the Complextro sound design course. If there was more on those particular sound designs it would be very helpful to make the music I love.

I know this is about courses, but I would like to updates and new features for ANA2 :). Generate some hype for the synth.

2 Likes

I would love to see a course on film scoring sound design along the lines of “Sounds of Blade Runner 2049”, for example…Diva and Zebra were put to excellent use on that score.

1 Like

Not so much as genre, but I would be interested in vocal chops and effects in FL Studio

1 Like

How about some legit house stuff with folks like MK, Roger S., Todd Terry, Todd Edwards, etc.

Enough of these crap furure house YouTube/bedroom producers.

Not sure you can get guys like that though!

Also some more Studio One 4 stuff.

3 Likes