32 bit Wav files way too loud in ableton

So I have some remix stems I’m trying to import into Ableton. They sound absolutely fine in iTunes, but they come out super loud and distorted in Ableton. The gain slider for the clip has no effect on them either. Is it because they’re 32 bit? And if so is there an easy way to convert them to 16? Thanks in advance.

If you have a wav editor you could drop them into that and convert them or as you’ve already mentioned iTunes

goto the itunes import settings and select 16 bit 44.1 however i think this only works if you have them on CD as i don’t think the settings apply to downloaded material.

Thanks Jon.

I’m pretty sure that you can convert anything. Not just CD’s. I do this with my mixes sometimes as iTunes will compress the ACC to an mp3 without losing quality.

[quote]raymondsar (03/01/2011)[hr]I’m pretty sure that you can convert anything. Not just CD’s. I do this with my mixes sometimes as iTunes will compress the ACC to an mp3 without losing quality.[/quote]

cool i wasn’t 100% sure

I’m not either but I use it quite a bit and haven’t had any compatibility issues to date… How you been fella?

[quote]raymondsar (03/01/2011)[hr]I’m not either but I use it quite a bit and haven’t had any compatibility issues to date… How you been fella?[/quote]

very good my friend, your self ? hope your keeping well, i know you’ve been a busy man or at least thats what i knew last time we spoke.

Yes, thanks! All is well and have been keeping fairly busy. Hoping to get more production/dj time in this new year! Turning over some new leaves you might say…