90's Snare sound

Hey Guys,

Currently working on a deep house track at the minute and have been watching the deep house/90’s house videos. I am trying to create in a snare that’s being used a lot at the moment in house. You can hear it in a lot of 90’s house tunes. Particularly house music from the states.

Check out this tune by The Groove Asylum - In The Air, remixed by Frankie Feliciano. The snare comes in around 0:16 - This bitrate on the video isn’t good as the track I have on my PC so I hope you get what I mean so I have posted an Amazon clip also.

- YouTube

http://www.amazon.com/Air-Frankie-Feliciano-Club-Mix/dp/B001D556V4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1313317906&sr=8-3

What I have done so far is tried EQ’ing and compressing a 909 snare sample in both logic and ableton (I mainly use Logic but have started using Ableton more). On the EQ I have cut the lows below 250 and tried boosting some of the highs but can’t seem to get the right sound.

Any tips from the pro’s?

[quote]djliamtate (14/08/2011)[hr]Hey Guys,

Currently working on a deep house track at the minute and have been watching the deep house/90’s house videos. I am trying to create in a snare that’s being used a lot at the moment in house. You can hear it in a lot of 90’s house tunes. Particularly house music from the states.

Check out this tune by The Groove Asylum - In The Air, remixed by Frankie Feliciano. The snare comes in around 0:16 - This bitrate on the video isn’t good as the track I have on my PC so I hope you get what I mean so I have posted an Amazon clip also.

- YouTube

http://www.amazon.com/Air-Frankie-Feliciano-Club-Mix/dp/B001D556V4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1313317906&sr=8-3

What I have done so far is tried EQ’ing and compressing a 909 snare sample in both logic and ableton (I mainly use Logic but have started using Ableton more). On the EQ I have cut the lows below 250 and tried boosting some of the highs but can’t seem to get the right sound.

Any tips from the pro’s?[/quote]

just sounds like a 909 snare pitched up by about 3/4 semi tones!