A competition idea

Guys

I was looking forward to an SA remix or original piece of music competition but its slightly different as weve seen.

well it got me thinking… why dont we have another competition, a music production competiton… the rules would be as follows…

1. A £5 entry fee per track… (submitted via paypal). The winner takes all…

2. Only an original piece of music can be submitted (no remixes…) levels out the playing field… of any genre.

3. ONLY the people that have submitted a piece of music can vote! (stops this facebook “friends” popularity contest bs…) People coming on SA just for the comp, getting friends to vote then buggering off with the prize…

4. Set up like the SA World Cup knockouts voting system.

5. People would have 3 weeks to submit a piece. As many pieces as theyd like (at £5 per track…)

6. Voting last 2 weeks (knockouts as stated above)

What do you guys think…?

Only if we all have to make a gabba track

I’d be up for it, but can’t see many people being very sporting on the matter. We’d probs end up with half a dozen of us.

Not really the optimist in this case unfortunately haha.

[quote]Roben (31/03/2011)[hr]I’d be up for it, but can’t see many people being very sporting on the matter. We’d probs end up with half a dozen of us.

Not really the optimist in this case unfortunately haha.[/quote]

sporting as in theyd cheat?

half a dozen is enough… who wouldnt wanna win an extra £30 by doing something theyd be doing for nothing anyway… lol

Sporting as in bother entering.

[quote]jpgetty2win (31/03/2011)[hr][quote]Roben (31/03/2011)[hr]I’d be up for it, but can’t see many people being very sporting on the matter. We’d probs end up with half a dozen of us.

half a dozen is enough… who wouldnt wanna win an extra £30 by doing something theyd be doing for nothing anyway… lol[/quote]

That is actually a valid point Jetty (finally) :smiley:

The thing is lets be honest here - no point me entering as most of you folks are not in to the brand of EDM I enjoy making - so I’ll stick to saying how wonderful Phil and Bryan are and how SA saved my life :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]slender (31/03/2011)[hr][quote]jpgetty2win (31/03/2011)[hr][quote]Roben (31/03/2011)[hr]I’d be up for it, but can’t see many people being very sporting on the matter. We’d probs end up with half a dozen of us.

half a dozen is enough… who wouldnt wanna win an extra £30 by doing something theyd be doing for nothing anyway… lol[/quote]

That is actually a valid point Jetty (finally) :smiley:

The thing is lets be honest here - no point me entering as most of you folks are not in to the brand of EDM I enjoy making - so I’ll stick to saying how wonderful Phil and Bryan are and how SA saved my life :P[/quote]

stop moaning and just give us your fiver!

I would LOVE to remix the Discount Rhinos track that Bry did.

Wadda U Say Bry???

Id say read rule 2

[quote]jpgetty2win (01/04/2011)[hr]Id say read rule 2[/quote]

-