A.N.A at 50% total usage of quad core CPU?

Hi,br
br
I’ve had a look around the forum and seen the issues with vintage filters etc using high CPU amount but is it normal that a pad with 4 instances of A.N.A would use around 50% of available CPU?br
br
I’m using a 2.7GHz Quad Core iMac, 8GB Ram, 1TB HDD and following the James Dymond tutorial. Up to this point the whole project has been using less than 50% CPU usage according to the display within Logic Pro X. Baring in mind that every synth in this tutorial is A.N.A. and no problems have arisen prior to this. Most effects are bused but there has been very little extra processing other than the occasional delay and reverb. it has been running fine.br
br
I’ve reached the pads section which contains the 4 layered pad, these pads alone have taken the rest of the entire available CPU which doesn’t seem correct. br
br
I tried it on my macbook which has 16GB ram and an SSD but only a dual core i5 CPU and its at 100% instantly.br
br
Needless to say, on both machines, with this A.N.A pad, I’m getting the system overload message every time i hit play.br
br
I’ve done some track freezing and changed buffer sizes etc and it has dropped a bit, but is it normal that the A.N.A pads in question should be taking that much of a bite out of resources?

[quote]NathanHatter (03/01/2016)[hr]Hi,br
br
I’ve had a look around the forum and seen the issues with vintage filters etc using high CPU amount but is it normal that a pad with 4 instances of A.N.A would use around 50% of available CPU?br
br
I’m using a 2.7GHz Quad Core iMac, 8GB Ram, 1TB HDD and following the James Dymond tutorial. Up to this point the whole project has been using less than 50% CPU usage according to the display within Logic Pro X. Baring in mind that every synth in this tutorial is A.N.A. and no problems have arisen prior to this. Most effects are bused but there has been very little extra processing other than the occasional delay and reverb. it has been running fine.br
br
I’ve reached the pads section which contains the 4 layered pad, these pads alone have taken the rest of the entire available CPU which doesn’t seem correct. br
br
I tried it on my macbook which has 16GB ram and an SSD but only a dual core i5 CPU and its at 100% instantly.br
br
Needless to say, on both machines, with this A.N.A pad, I’m getting the system overload message every time i hit play.br
br
I’ve done some track freezing and changed buffer sizes etc and it has dropped a bit, but is it normal that the A.N.A pads in question should be taking that much of a bite out of resources?[/quote]br
br
Pads can be quite processor intensive due to their long release times.br
br
Keep an eye on the Polyphony number / reduce this down and you should get a noticeable drop in CPU usage.br

Nice one, thanks Bryan.

I have also been following that tutorial. My CPU usage is going crazy on fl studio. Am just about
to start on the pluck part but i think i have to replace some of the ana synths for some with lesser CPU usage. To bad thou cause i think the ana synth and its presets sounds really nice.

Another tip is to switch off Ana’s internal reverb, it’s a really good algorithm, but can eat cycles very quickly